Using a file with more than 900 pages, I would like to use columns, but impossible to select all!
The workaround was to untick the "hide" option in the character effect tab in the hidden style "Header_20_1".
An issue on github give mor information about this Header_20_1 style: https://github.com/bibledit/cloud/issues/111
Created attachment 139781 [details]
ODT from LibreOffice with hidden paragraph style
I am able to select all in this file I just created. It has a paragraph style called Hidden and a paragraph in the middle that is using it. Please test.
Arch Linux 64-bit
Build ID: c6a23023150c164a19236139fa413d43006ce21c
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 4.15; UI render: default; VCL: kde4;
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI.UTF-8); Calc: group
Built on February 11th 2018
Now I tested with https://github.com/bibledit/cloud/blob/master/odf/template.odt but it does not contain any styles named like you say or that the readme at https://github.com/bibledit/cloud/tree/master/odf says.
Created attachment 139788 [details]
Odt where select all is impossilble
I tested your file, and yes I can select all. Please test the attach file as exemple of a file with the problem. I was exported from bibledit.
I don't know if it is linked but the hidden style is the one displayed on the header: "Rute number" in the attached file.
Created attachment 139789 [details]
Test case reduced to minimum
Ok, in LibreOffice 3.3 I can select all, but already in 3.5 it is broken.
I unzipped the .odt, edited content.xml and removed this:
<text:h text:style-name="Heading_5f_20_5f_1" text:outline-level="1">Rute</text:h>
Then it worked (when I re-zipped the files).
So the problematic style is named Header_20_1 like you said in the description, but it is not yet in the template.odt (it is apparently generated by bibledit later).
I have no other ideas. The style entry in styles.xml is
> <style:style style:name="Heading_5f_20_5f_1" style:display-name="Heading_20_1" > style:family="paragraph" style:parent-style-name="Heading" style:next-style-name="Text_20_body" style:default-outline-level="1" style:class="text">
> <style:text-properties fo:font-size="115%" fo:font-weight="bold" text:display="none" />
Compared with the one I created from scratch:
> <style:style style:name="hidden" style:family="paragraph" style:parent-style-name="Standard">
> <style:text-properties text:display="none" />
If I delete the header I can select all. Then the problem appears when you choose to add the hidden style to the header.
It's really strange, I can't find this line <text:h text:style-name="Heading_5f_20_5f_1" text:outline-level="1">Rute</text:h> in my unzipped content.xml??
Ok your reduced file is not the same as mine.
(In reply to Lafricain from comment #9)
> It's really strange, I can't find this line <text:h
> text:style-name="Heading_5f_20_5f_1" text:outline-level="1">Rute</text:h> in
> my unzipped content.xml??
Hmm, yep it's true. In the original it is
<text:h text:style-name="Heading_20_1" text:outline-level="1">Rute</text:h>
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Yes the bug is still present, see the version of LO and Linux:
Build ID: 1:6.2.3-0ubuntu0.18.04.1~lo1
Thread CPU: 4; SO: Linux 4.15; Resa interfaccia: predefinito; VCL: gtk2;
Versione locale: it-IT (it_IT.UTF-8); UI-Language: it-IT
I noticed something new. I add columns in the page style, I can do CTRL+A without problem...