New Help is using now the Colibre icon set. The set source files are SVG but all references to icons in help pages are for PNG format.
Changing the references in images will trigger retranslation, which is undesired.
This enhancement will consider
1) building the help package (offline and online) with Colibre SVG icon set.
2) change all references of icon.png to icon.svg , muting retranslations of the <image> tag.
3) adjust the CSS and XSLT accordingly.
Some pointers for this task
* The master hepcontent2 module must be downloaded and built with LibreOffice. Please refer to the wiki page on submodules:
* The XML tags definitions can be found in this page:
* There is a *major issue* in changing the icons: all changes of icons will trigger a retranslation, thus making a legion of translators *very unhappy*. There are thousands of <image> tags for icons in the Help pages.
Solution: Ask support from Pootle (translation server) manager to help is silencing the retranslation. Actually for the case of icons, the retranslation is useless, because the string to translate is "Icon" and is used in the <alt> tag, that is, the tag displayed when the source image is missing.
Please contact the development mailing list as well as the #libreoffice-dev channel in freenode to get in touch with the development community.
* Before submitting a patch with changes in 100's of files, please ask us in the mailing list and IRC channel for assistance.
* Some PNG icons inside <image> tags have no width: and height: defined. When it comes to SVG, these dimensions must be defined. Suggestion: 1 cm x 1 cm. Also the dimensions given for the png files may be overriden with the size above. Some PNG icons displayed are very small.
* Some icons called by Help source files (*.xhp) are missing. These icons belonged to a older icon theme (Galaxy). There is a replacement table in /core/icon-themes/colibre/link.txt
and an equivalent in
Use the replacement table to fix the missing reference. That is, drop the old reference and replace with the corresponding existing svg file given by the table.
* The SVG Colibre icons are located in /core/icon-themes/colibre_svg folder. This folder must be copied to the build target. The lines to work on are in
do not hesitate in getting in touch with the development team on the issue.
A polite ping, still working on this bug?
Please disregard completely comment#1.
Change is trivial and patch is in gerrit.
Sorry for the mess.
Olivier Hallot committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
tdf#117551 Change icons to SVG equivalent
Works awesomely! Muito obrigado!