This meta bug collect other bugs related to the Help Content Modernization ( https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Help_Content_Modernization ).
Since the birth of OpenOffice.org, the help content has relied in a set of tools developed internally. In particular, the display of the help pages is done by a XSLT transform of XML files in a primitive browser with very few graphic, multimedia and rendering resources.
The objective of this project is to replace the local help application into a modern browser with the 2016's web technology. The advantages are many:
* Eliminate an internal piece of code (internal browser) that is very old and resource limited, almost untouched since a decade, and
* Use modern system's browser to display the help content.
* Add modern resources such as multimedia, MathML, SVG, GIFs into the local help content for better user experience.
* Build bridges to make the help content available to on-line servers, with the same capabilities of the local help.
* Ease the access of the community in contributing to help content.
Elimination of the browser code is not to be carried as it is Writer/Web that renders help pages.