This bug is a task for the Help Content Modernization project (https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Help_Content_Modernization )
Object: Move HC2 media to helpcontent2/ sub-project.
1) Since all HC2 media is under core/icon-themes/galaxy/res/helpimg/ all HC2 media is packed inside the main LibreOffice package even if the user does not download the HC2.
2) The main package is ~200MB and the Help Content package is ~10 MB. When the HC2 get new and rich media, all extra MB will pile in the HC2 package instead of the main package.
3) HC2 media is not used by LibreOffice application except HC2
4) For maintainability purposes, keep HC2 media in the HC2 folders.
* Create the media/ folder in helpcontent2/source/ folder
* Create L10N folders under media/ folder.
* Have /en-US/ as L10N fall back
* Adjust helpcontent2/CustomTarget_imagelist.mk to include media/ folder
* move icon-themes/galaxy/res/helpimg/ to the media/en-US/ sub-folder
* ensure media/ is brought to proper package
now it is a easyHack.
I'm working on this bug.
JanI is default CC for Easy Hacks (Add Jan; remove LibreOffice Dev List from CC)
The help subsystem is way more complex than a simple file location issue.
Help text are in jar files under $instdir/help and images are elsewhere.
No benefit at all by fixing this bug.
Closing as invalid.
Patches will be abandoned.
too bad, all that need to be done it twisting a few makefiles, then we would have a solution.
Since the recent development of screenshots and commit
I am reopening this bug to move helpimg/ from core/
Updating keywords and status
A polite ping, still working on this bug ?
Yes. Bubli has patches in gerrit for that.
Is this bug fixed?
If so, could you please close it as RESOLVED FIXED?