The use of fractional font sizes in PDF opened in LibreDraw causes misalignment.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create or find a word document that has fractional size fonts.
2. Export to PDF from writer.
3. Open in Draw. Observe various degrees of text misalignment.
4. Export from Draw into another PDF, observe the misalignment stays in the new PDF.
Run-on text, misaligned text.
Properly aligned text.
User Profile Reset: Yes
Created attachment 143938 [details]
Source test doc created in Writer
Created attachment 143939 [details]
PDF doc exported from Writer
Created attachment 143940 [details]
How Ocular sees the PDF doc
Created attachment 143941 [details]
How Draw sees the PDF doc
Created attachment 143942 [details]
How Draw sees a real-life PDF doc (worst case)
Created attachment 144490 [details]
Screenshot doc vs pdf
May be a lack of pdf support. I confirm the misalignement for pdf import in Draw. May be, we can have better. I set confirmed.
Sounds like Regis wanted to set to NEW, so correcting
Nothing new here!
Same behavior in
Why would one expect fidelity when taking text with differing font metrics and attributes (e.g. underlining) through filter export from MS Word to PDF, import from PDF into Draw document canvas as individual text runs, and then an export to PDF from Draw?
The PDF is structured with text runs drawn from spans on export, each change of font & attributes in the source OOXML or ODF will ensure it is handled in a different text run in the PDF. Then on filter import, positioning of *each* individual run as a Draw object onto document canvas is limited by our 1/100mm placement resolution.
Additionally, there is also a known issue in the precision of how fonts are scaled and text glyph height and span width is calculated--which is then manifested in filter during import and export.
That is why LibreOffice will *never* be considered a PDF editor--we do not hold positional precision of the objects placed to document canvas during filter import and then export, neither graphics nor text.
Dear Arcadiy Ivanov,
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!