The number of pages (and the layout) is immensely unstable between versions and between reloads of the same file
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open the attached file
2. Reload the file multiple times
2. Compare page count
Libo 6.2 (Starts with 118 ends with: 113/105/106/111)
LibO 6.0 (102)
LibO 5.4 (103)
Libo 22.214.171.124 (123)
Libo 126.96.36.199 (118 at first after a while 117)
Layout is different for every version
A stable number of pages/ layout. At least when reloading the file.
User Profile Reset: No
Build ID: 1aa37aa6bee19099b57555a6d839992b054aa405
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.3; UI render: default;
TinderBox: Win-x86@42, Branch:master, Time: 2018-09-23_10:17:54
Locale: nl-NL (nl_NL); Calc: CL
Created attachment 145189 [details]
Observation in Lo 6.2: Immediately after opening and after reload it has 118 pages but every time and after a few seconds it reduces to a different number of pages (111 / 108 / 107 / 105)
in 188.8.131.52: constant 118 pages
So I would say, it is a bug => NEW
> in 184.108.40.206: constant 118 pages
Are you sure about the 'constant' effect. Scroll down to the last page to check..
Weirdness also happening with:
My guess is that it has to do with footnotes being in the last row of tables that are needing to split across pages. I've noticed problems with tables splitting consistently.
What is very strange is, that the document has empty pages at its end with no formatting marks. they appear when you open the document and when you reload it. I've never seen that before.
(In reply to Dieter Praas from comment #5)
> What is very strange is, that the document has empty pages at its end with
> no formatting marks. they appear when you open the document and when you
> reload it. I've never seen that before.
Fits the description of bug 100477 comment 23
Build ID: f5b9590fc06811a9dff550c6998d1d1088507e23
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.3; UI render: default; VCL: win;
Locale: it-IT (nl_NL); UI-Language: en-US
In 6.5+ start is 118 pages but after a while it shows 102 and stays so. PDF export is 102 but last one is empty.
Then, if 1st time saved and reopened, it's 102 but after a while it's 101. PDF export is 101.
If 2nd time resaved and reopened, it stays 101.
We may say it's converging to stability.
I came here because I noticed some improvements in Writer's pagination and closed a couple of bugs.
I guess that's closest we'll have, with LO's text rendering.
So I'll mark WFM.