Build ID: 9dc5234d36ebcafca36aece80b6a9b59da287cda
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.18; UI render: default; VCL: kde5;
Locale: en-GB (en_GB.UTF-8); Calc: threaded
This is specific to the qt5/kde5 VCL plugins. It works OK when using e.g. the gtk3 VCL plugin.
Steps to reproduce:
0) make sure that "Standard Toolbar" is used (used by default, so e.g. delete user profile if changed manually)
1) start LibreOffice Writer
2) open the "View" -> "User Interface" menu
3) observe that "Standard Toolbar" is selected (a expected)
4) select "Sidebar" instead
5) observe that sidebar is enabled (as expected)
6) open the "View" -> "User Interface" menu again
7) observe that "Sidebar" is selected (a expected)
8) select "Standard Toolbar" instead
9) observe that sidebar is collapsed (as expected)
10) open the "View" -> "User Interface" menu again
11) check what radio button is checked
Result: The radio button for "Sidebar" is still checked.
Expected result: The radio button for "Standard Toolbar" should be active, since that one was selected in step 8.
This seems to be somewhat related to the following commit:
Author: Katarina Behrens <Katarina.Behrens@cib.de>
Date: Mon Oct 22 14:30:20 2018 +0200
tdf#119856: [Re-]activate menu before dispatching command
Menu entry dispatchers may be cleared (after they've been initially
set) when an extension comes with its own menu entries. Activating
the entry sets the dispatcher again so that dispatching a command
If I revert this commit, it works as expected.
I just realized that this seems to be a more general issue with the menu item indices. e.g. clicking some items under "View" -> "Toolbar" most of the time either enables/disables another toolbar than selected or crashes LibreOffice. This also goes away when I temporarily revert the above commit.
Confirmed from my side
Build ID: 25af42bc70e1a0a61d2ea90d7b0ef1ed6000ed69
CPU threads: 1; OS: Linux 4.14; UI render: default; VCL: kde5;
TinderBox: Linux-rpm_deb-x86_64@86-TDF, Branch:master, Time: 2018-10-23_18:02:41
Locale: ru-RU (ru_RU.UTF-8); Calc: threaded
I can no longer reproduce any longer with a current master build. It most probably got fixed along with bug 121417, therefore marking this as a duplicate.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 121417 ***