When I export documents from ODT to XLSX or RTF, I see a lot of corruption of embedded images.
Steps to Reproduce:
When I embed images in my documents, I usually just caption them, change the size and often anchor them “as character”, in order to put several images in one line with a few spaces of distance in between.
The document needs to be exported and reopened for the corruption taking effect.
All my captioned images get either displaced and overlapped (XLSX) or get lost entirely (RTF).
Well, I expect those images to stay the same of course.
User Profile Reset: No
I can’t upload my confidential documents, but I try to upload some screen shots, so that you see what I mean.
Created attachment 150852 [details]
Original ODT document
Created attachment 150853 [details]
Document exportet as XLSX
Created attachment 150854 [details]
Document exported as RTF
Thank you for filing the bug. Please send us a sample document, as this makes it easier for us to verify the bug.
I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO', so please do change it back to 'UNCONFIRMED' once you have attached a document.
(Please note that the attachment will be public, remove any sensitive information before attaching it.)
How can I eliminate confidential data from a sample document?
This bug has been in NEEDINFO status with no change for at least
6 months. Please provide the requested information as soon as
possible and mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED. Due to regular bug
tracker maintenance, if the bug is still in NEEDINFO status with
no change in 30 days the QA team will close the bug as INSUFFICIENTDATA
due to lack of needed information.
For more information about our NEEDINFO policy please read the
wiki located here:
If you have already provided the requested information, please
mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED so that the QA team knows that the
bug is ready to be confirmed.
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Created attachment 155680 [details]
New document (original odt)
Created attachment 155681 [details]
New document (exported docx)
I created and uploaded a new document. When I just insert the images without captions, the “anchoring as text with spaces in beetween” breaks for the second row.
When I additionally add captions to all images:
* In docx:
- The spacing between the first image and the text gets lost
- the manual spaces between images 2 and 3 get lost, additionall, the spacing between these two images and the text line above gets shrinked.
* In rtf:
- The output file gets a size of 67 MB, whereas the source has 2 MB
- All images get lost
- The caption of the first image is shown left of the image placeholder instead of below
- The image placeholders 2 and 3 look stacked on top of each other.
Created attachment 155682 [details]
New document (screen shot odt)
Created attachment 155683 [details]
New document (screen shot rtf)
Created attachment 155684 [details]
New document (screen shot docx)
* Done with LibreOffice 18.104.22.168 a64200df03143b798afd1ec74a12ab50359878ed (Flatpak)
I confirm it with
Version: 22.214.171.124.alpha1 (x64)
Build ID: cc57df8f942f239d29cb575ea5a7cb01405db787
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 18362; UI render: GL; VCL: win;
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI-Language: en-US
If I open RTF in Word 2016, it looks better, but not good.
When I compare the settings, I could find, that Wrap-Settings of images in odt are "None" and in docx "Optimal". Don't know, if this causes the difference
I assume, that the bug in rtf-file is different. So perhaps it would be good to slit this bug into two different bug reports.