For each bug added, please add a short comment describing the limitation. This can often be the Summary line, if it's descriptive enough
"bug 12345 - Can't save foobar-encoded video to DOC file"
Bug 84462 - [filesave]: docx Filter, doc-Filter and LibreOffice
"The MS Binary / OOXML specifications do not support page styles (or list styles), thus the export filter does what it can."
Is this meta bug for LO's limited implementation of DOCX features as that is what bug 87718 has in it.
(In reply to Jay Philips from comment #2)
> Is this meta bug for LO's limited implementation of DOCX features as that is
> what bug 87718 has in it.
A very good question!
Anything that *can't* be expressed in a particular format (e.g. no video embedding in plain text) certainly qualifies to be listed, but from an end-user standpoint, there's no difference between what we *haven't* implemented and what we *can't* implement, so I'm receptive to the desire to including both.
But that's messy, right? :-)
At the risk of creating even more bugs (Horrors!), perhaps there should be a dichotomy:
(1) Meta/Tracking bug for all features that can't (as far as we know) be expressed in a given format
(2) Meta/Tracking bug for all features that can be implemented (AFAWK) in a given format, but haven't been implemented in LO yet
- Some features may only be available in non-ODF formats
[Anyone have an example? An example that we support in LO?]
- This sets up a perfect (IMHO) framework for us to also document ODF features that we don't yet implement in LO
Bug 93639 - import filter, Footer roman numerals not retained (converted to arabic numerals)
Bug 93640 - import filter, Footer from DOCX Is Missing When Odd/Even Footers Are Different in MS Office
Bug 93641 - import filter, Writer embedded graph is missing lines and words
Bug 93642 - import filter, Vertical spacing of content missing in DOCX import
Bug 93643 - import filter, Header appears on page that shouldn't have header
oops, missed one of these well described issues
Bug 93644 - import filter, Header Object Anchored Incorrectly Causing Incorrect Alignment
@Robinson, is this where you wanted this META to go?
Migrating Whiteboard tags to Keywords: (filter:docx)
Since we can already search by the filter:docx keyword, it makes much more sense to split this into
(1) DOCX features Writer is not capable of and
(2) native features that are not properly imported/exported.