Created attachment 151628 [details]
A screenshot showcasing the issue.
The Mark invalid data function (Tools > Detective > Mark invalid data) can be used to mark invalid data in a validated cell with a red ellipse. These ellipses aren't removed when correct data is entered in the cell, making an impression that the entered value is incorrect.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new spreadsheet in LibreOffice Calc.
2. Enter a numeric value in the A1 cell (e.g., 5)
3. Select the A1 cell and click on Data > Validity
4. Set a validity rule that the A1 cell clearly breaks, e.g.: “Allow: Whole Numbers”, “Data: equal”, “Value: 1” and click OK.
5. Turn on the “Mark invalid data” function by clicking on Tools > Detective > Mark invalid data – the A1 cell should have a red ellipse around it.
6. Change the value to a correct one in the A1 cell (e.g.: 1)
The A1 cell still has the red ellipse around it, even after a correct data has been entered.
The red ellipse should disappear immediately when a correct value is entered.
Version: 22.214.171.124.alpha1+ (x64)
Build ID: c3245cfd54f391111afb424867ab483096d9de5e
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.3; UI render: GL; VCL: win;
TinderBox: Win-x86_64@42, Branch:master, Time: 2019-05-19_22:59:06
Locale: hu-HU (hu_HU); UI-Language: en-US
Build ID: 7e68ba2-a744ebf-1f241b7-c506db1-7d53735
Confirm with Version: 126.96.36.199.alpha1+
Build ID: 38ac0586448d4f07811b139f62f62686b029feba
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: cs-CZ (cs_CZ.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
Tibor Nagy committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
tdf#125462 sc: remove red (invalid data) circle
It will be available in 7.1.0.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
Version: 188.8.131.52.alpha1+ (x64)
Build ID: a689cf1672e89cb78fbcfa14c505850927e71f58
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 17134; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: hu-HU (hu_HU); UI: hu-HU
Thanks for fixing!