LibreOffice Writer added 8 question marks to every new created file names with Russian characters like: <file name>.odt???????? When I removed these questions in file manager (renamed) Writer rejects to open these files: file "<file name>.odt????????" does not exists. While I removed these characters.
Discovered: it is libreoffice-qt5 package bug. Removed it, installed libreoffice-gtk3 - works fine now.
You cannot confirm your own bugs. Set back to unconfirmed. Please attach test file.
What do You mean my bug???!!! It is LibreOffice bug!!! Attaching file.
Hmm... not reproducible on new files, on some old only and only with qt5 package. Do not know how to send them.
Weird. Now I have this bug with gtk3 as well. Only when opening via file manager - Dolphin. Can open file via menu File->Open or via another file manager.
Happen again, definitely kde integration bug, see Bug 125498.
(In reply to tantrido from comment #3)
> What do You mean my bug???!!! It is LibreOffice bug!!! Attaching file.
Please calm down! Nothing will happen with your bug if you act rude!
This is our bug policy. As long as nobody then yourself can reproduce a problem, it stays UNCONFIRMED. If other people also see the bug it becomes NEW.
Developers normally just look at NEW problems. QA (like raal) tries very hard to make a problem reproducable, so it can be looked at and eventually fixed by some developer. Because most times it's impossible to fix a problem you don't have ;-)
P.S. I suspect it's no file problem, as this also on load and save with renamed files.
1) Is this always reproducible for you, and also e.g. if you save the file in /tmp/ (given that bug 125498 doesn't appear then)?
2) Please paste version info from "Help" -> "About LibreOffice" (to be sure whether this is plain qt5 or kde5 VCL plugin).
3) Can you give a specific file name for which this happens, preferably with a full path underneath /tmp/ ?
4) Is it correct that this happens for you when you do the following:
* start Writer
* select "File" -> "Save" (or press Ctrl+S)
* in file dialog, select <FILENAME.>.odt
* click save
Just to explicitly have that information mentioned here as well: I guess locale is as mentioned in bug 125498 comment 17.
Please set bug status back to UNCONFIRMED once the requested information has been provided.
This bug has been in NEEDINFO status with no change for at least
6 months. Please provide the requested information as soon as
possible and mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED. Due to regular bug
tracker maintenance, if the bug is still in NEEDINFO status with
no change in 30 days the QA team will close the bug as INSUFFICIENTDATA
due to lack of needed information.
For more information about our NEEDINFO policy please read the
wiki located here:
If you have already provided the requested information, please
mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED so that the QA team knows that the
bug is ready to be confirmed.
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Please read this message in its entirety before proceeding.
Your bug report is being closed as INSUFFICIENTDATA due to inactivity and
a lack of information which is needed in order to accurately
reproduce and confirm the problem. We encourage you to retest
your bug against the latest release. If the issue is still
present in the latest stable release, we need the following
information (please ignore any that you've already provided):
a) Provide details of your system including your operating
system and the latest version of LibreOffice that you have
confirmed the bug to be present
b) Provide easy to reproduce steps – the simpler the better
c) Provide any test case(s) which will help us confirm the problem
d) Provide screenshots of the problem if you think it might help
e) Read all comments and provide any requested information
Once all of this is done, please set the bug back to UNCONFIRMED
and we will attempt to reproduce the issue. Please do not:
a) respond via email
b) update the version field in the bug or any of the other details
on the top section of our bug tracker