It would seem that template changes are only detected if the file type is .odt
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a new text document and use an existing user template.
2. Save the document and exit.
3. Modify and save the user template.
4. Re-open the text document
1. If I had originally saved the document in Word 97-2003(.doc) format the template change is not detected
2. If I had originally saved the document in .odt format the change is detected.
I expect the two scenarios to be processed in a similar manner, i.e. in both cases a message is displayed saying that the dependent template has changed, asking me what I want to do about it.
User Profile Reset: No
Version: 188.8.131.52 (x64)
Build ID: 23edc44b61b830b7d749943e020e96f5a7df63bf
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: default; VCL: win;
Locale: en-AU (en_AU); UI-Language: en-US
I confirm it with
Version: 184.108.40.206 (x64)
CPU-Threads: 4; BS: Windows 10.0; UI-Render: Standard; VCL: win;
Gebietsschema: de-DE (de_DE); UI-Sprache: de-DE
Do we have an action plan for this bug ?
How can you possibly have a reported (verified) bug that remains unclassified for more than a year?
(In reply to Steve from comment #3)
> How can you possibly have a reported (verified) bug that remains
> unclassified for more than a year?
There are a lot of bugs and too few developers. Every developer picks the bug he likes to pick. So, if you have some knowledge in coding ... I don't have it.