To illustrate that "find & replace does not indicate blank lines with paragraph style"
1. Make a document with the following 4 lines using paragraph styles shown in :
abcd [Default Style]
(only CR here) [Default Style]
(only CR here) [Numbering 1]
a [Default Style]
2. Place cursor on first line, then Find & Replace, check Paragraph Styles, and select ‟Numbering 1” in the Find box.
3. Click on ‟Find Next”
Actual Result: Finds CR, but no cursor is shown
Expected Result: Cursor is shown on Numbering 1 paragraph
4. Place cursor on first line, then Find & Replace, check Paragraph Styles, and select ‟Default Style” in the Find box.
5. Click on ‟Find Next” (multiple times)
Actual Result: Finds each paragraph with Default Style (but shows nothing for the blank line with Default Style)
Expected Result: Would also show some indicator (e.g., blinking cursor or a stable cursor) for the blank line with default style.
1. Use case: This ‟toy example” only illustrates the problem. But consider having a 30 page document, and wanting to search on a particular style (in part to ‟clean up” stray blank lines that have paragraphs styles that you want to remove or change.) It is hard and confusing to get ‟hits” but not be able to see where on the page the actual paragraph style is located. Also, some pages may have several blank lines (i.e., only CR), and these may have different styles, so it will be unclear which of the these lines is the one that was found in find&replace.
2. Of course nothing depends on "Numbering 1", which is just used for illustration. In an actual document, there may be many blank lines, having different styles.
Version: 22.214.171.124 (x64)
Build ID: a64200df03143b798afd1ec74a12ab50359878ed
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: GL; VCL: win;
Locale: da-DK (en_DK); UI-Language: en-US
Version: 126.96.36.199.beta1 (x64)
Build ID: 4d7e5b0c40ed843384704eca3ce21981d4e98920
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 18362; UI render: GL; VCL: win;
Locale: en-US (en_DK); UI-Language: en-US
I confirm it with
Version: 188.8.131.52.alpha0+ (x64)
Build ID: e26d89371f0e4f41476c9a99be01d98dedb76776
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 18362; UI render: default; VCL: win;
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI-Language: en-GB
In the Find Toolbar, with Navigate By, and Search for Headings, a blinking cursor is shown with found blank lines that have a Heading Style.
But if these same headings are searched for with Find&Replace, they are found, but no indication is given (e.g., no blinking cursor) (as per original bug report)
Tested with: 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11.beta1