I think, help about fonts embedding (File => Properties => Fonts) needs some more informations:
Help starts with "Mark this box ...", but there are several boxes and so I think it is outdated. Especially the meaning of the second option "Only embed fonts, that are used in documents" is not clear to me.
In a current trunk build, the extended tips are:
- Embed fonts in the document: "Mark this box to embed document fonts into the document file, for portability between different computer systems."
- Only embed fonts that are used in documents: "Embed document fonts in the current file."
* The help page does not list the different options available
* The extended tips don't help to tell the difference either
* People report they can't see a difference in the resulting files, see e.g. https://www.reddit.com/r/libreoffice/comments/136b8ni/fonts_embedding_what_those_options_actually_do/
* It is suggested the second option is only relevant when the first one is ticked, so it really should be turned off and greyed out if the first one is not ticked. See https://ask.libreoffice.org/t/what-is-the-difference-between-embed-fonts-in-the-document-and-only-embed-fonts-that-are-used-in-documents/46744/7
The extra options were introduced in LO 6.2 with eb6ff07605a55675e7007ac0cb5604fb13a9ddf9 / 3bc3ddc11fd94877d9c5d2b8313ab53150818236.
Tomaž, are you able to clarify the difference between the two?
According to the commit message, "used only" should only include:
- fonts used in _applied_ styles
- fonts used in direct formatting
... and therefore, not having that setting on would mean "all fonts used in direct formatting and in styles, even if the style is not in use in the document".
Is that correct?