UI: Icons of the tabbed toolbar aren't positioned properly on MacOS
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open Writer on MacOS
2. Enable tabbed toolbar
Not proper position
Right position. no overlap
User Profile Reset: No
Build ID: 6a03b2a54143a9bc0c6d4c7f1...
CPU threads: 4; OS: Mac OS X 10.12.6; UI render: GL; VCL: osx;
Locale: nl-NL (nl_NL.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Created attachment 161060 [details]
Build ID: b1e396d86655a0131498a4691dd8069ea76c3477
CPU threads: 4; OS: Mac OS X 10.15.4; UI render: default; VCL: osx;
Locale: ru-RU (ru_RU.UTF-8); UI: en-US
*** Bug 134153 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
I don't have an Mac, but from my point of view I would hide notebookbarshortcuts.xml and also the menubar on the right conrner on MacOS, cause MacOS has a menubar this commands are note needed in general.
I am missing the 6.2 bundle at the moment, but I took a peek at the 6.1 version, where the tabbed toolbar does not exist yet.
It looks like this is something that is occurring since being put in.
This is also affecting other LibreOffice components like Calc and Impress.
I looked into this and saw two things:
1) The layout is off, as described in this bug
2) The text color of the tabs is wrong starting with macOS Big Sur: Prior to macOS 11, the buttons had a blue background with white text. Now it's a white background with black text. I changed the text color to black.
I implemented a very simple fix (attached to this bug, I can push it to Gerrit though) which looks great on Big Sur, but will look broken in older versions of macOS. Is there a way for me to figure out which macOS version is used by the user?
Created attachment 168076 [details]
First version of a patch.
Ok, this patch is "too" simple. I'm working on something else. :)
Sven, I suggest not to fix issue within macOS specific VCL code (vcl/osx and vcl/quartz) directories. Please find attached a screenshot from a GTK UI:
(1) Different tabs are simple text labels similar to Windows UIs.
(2) With current macOS implementation dialog tabs are used. These tabs are positioned centered on the top border of the window. I guess this causes area for icons above to be calculated too small.
(1) Identify code to be used to draw notebookbar outside macOS specific code and replace usage of native widgets (tab items in this case) by using stock widgets (independent from GTK, QT, Windows or macOS backends) - take care not to cause side effects to other backends.
(2) Doublecheck whether toolbar is drawn similar to GTK.
If the issue still exists thereafter, reasons of miscalculation have to be identified. In any case I suggest not to use HITheme tabs for notebookbar.
BTW: Wrong text colors within tabs on macOS Big Sur have been fixed in the meantime.
Created attachment 169080 [details]
Screenshot of GTK UI