Replacement of double quotes, that is performed according to "Localized Options" tab in AutoCorrect dialog, does not honor the language of system input that is used to type the quote, when "[ ] Ignore system input language" is *unchecked* in Options->Language Settings on Windows.
Steps to reproduce:
* install Russian (Russia) keyboard layout on Windows.
* Make sure "[ ] Ignore system input language" is *unchecked* in Options->Language Settings.
* Make sure that "Default" is shown next to "Start quote" and "End quote" double-quote buttons under Localized Options tab of AutoCorrect dialog.
1. In Writer, start typing characters in Russian layout. Note that text language is automatically set to Russian (shown in status bar).
2. Press space bar, and press Shift+2 (double quote in Russian layout).
=> « is inserted, which is correct character expected in Russian text.
3. Change system keyboard layout to en-US (Shift+Alt works for me).
4. Start typing English characters; note that text language is automatically set to English in status bar.
5. Change keyboard layout to Russian (Shift+Alt).
6. Press Shift+2 (double quote in Russian layout) to insert closing double quote.
=> the language is still English; the entered symbol is ”, which is expected in English text.
It seems that changing of the text language to match input language is only performed when some alphanumeric character is entered; double quotes do not trigger such change, and then last used language is in effect when autocorrection is performed, making it difficult to control which symbols are used for opening and closing quotes surrounding a text in a different language.
Tested with Version: 220.127.116.11 (x64)
Build ID: b585d7d90ab863bf29b2d110c174c0c2a98f3ee4
CPU threads: 12; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19042; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: ru-RU (ru_RU); UI: en-US
FTR: a workaround (suitable only when one always wants a single convention, e.g. using same language): assign start and end quote characters manually under "Localized Options" tab in AutoCorrect dialog, which makes it ignore language when auto-correcting quotes.
Version: 18.104.22.168.alpha0+ (x64)
Build ID: 94f6765d6ecc3145fa2d266231124003cf953118
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 18363; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: ru-RU (ru_RU); UI: ru-RU