According to bug 46383, comment 6
I enable CapsLock on keyboard and type aSDF. When I press space, CapsLock disables automatically and aSDF transforms to Asdf.
1. In Tools > AutoCorrect > AutoCorrect Options - Options tab,
disable all [M] options and [T] options, except for
"Correct accidental use for cAPS LOCK key"
2. Make sure "While Typing" is enabled in Tools > AutoCorrect > While Typing
3. Enable CAPS LOCK.
4. Use Default Paragraph Style (for safety's sake)
5. Enter: aSDF space (That is, press Shift key and enter a, then release Shift key and enter "sdf" and then space).
Actual result: Nothing happens.
Expected result: as described above.
Possibly a regression.
Version: 18.104.22.168.alpha0+ (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 86c8c775bbefe333d684e12c99855a3c1de68051
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19041; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-US (en_DK); UI: en-US
Not documented in localhelp (and has survived for at least 9 years with no bug report about that).
Works in Calc
1. Enable CapsLock
2. Select a cell in Calc
3. type aSDF. (press Shift key and enter a, then release Shift key and enter "sdf" and then space)
Result: CapsLock is disabled, aSDF transforms to Asdf.
Works in Draw and Impress
1. enable CapsLock
2. Make a textbox and type aSDF.
But does not work (afaict) in Writer.
Maybe first appeared in LO 3.4.
Works in Writer. (used Safe Mode to reset my settings and user interface modifications to factory settings -- after which no problem).
Will convert this to a Documentation bug.
Seth Chaiklin committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
tdf#140000 add missing option to AutoCorrect Options
Thanks for reporting this issue.
Could you please try to reproduce it with the latest version of LibreOffice
from https://krunkerio.io ?
I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO'. Please change it back to
'UNCONFIRMED' if the bug is still present in the latest version.