configure.ac (in the "core" repo) contains a Bashism (use of '==' operator in a 'test' command) that produces an error when /bin/sh is a POSIX shell such as Dash.
if test -z "$enable_community_flavor" -o "$enable_community_flavor" == "yes"; then
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run autogen.sh to produce configure.
2. Run configure with /bin/sh -> dash.
checking whether to build a Community flavor... ./configure: 10592: test: unexpected operator
checking whether to build a Community flavor... no
User Profile Reset: No
Also reported downstream at https://bugs.gentoo.org/780432.
Created attachment 172098 [details]
patch to remove the Bashism
Matt: since you find the bug, analyze it and have a solution would you be interested in submitting a patch?
If yes, you can take a look here:
I suppose you've already downloaded source code so you just need to create an account + send a license statement to submit your patch.
Heiko: noticing https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=2d69acfde50cb0e06a9a057939078fd102d371a3
author Heiko Tietze <email@example.com> 2021-01-08 15:10:42 +0100
committer Miklos Vajna <firstname.lastname@example.org> 2021-01-14 09:25:07 +0100
commit 2d69acfde50cb0e06a9a057939078fd102d371a3 (patch)
parent 06322b0922972fec4b9e5f57e8dbab18ca9bd676 (diff)
Resolves tdf#139343 and tdf#139335 - Community/Enterprise flavor
Thought you might be interested in this one.
(In reply to Julien Nabet from comment #2)
> would you be interested in submitting a patch?
As far as I'm concerned, that's what I just did.
> you just need to create an account + send a license statement to submit your patch.
Respectfully, that's more effort than I'm willing to go to just to delete one stray character from a build script.
(In reply to Matt Whitlock from comment #3)
> (In reply to Julien Nabet from comment #2)
> > would you be interested in submitting a patch?
> As far as I'm concerned, that's what I just did.
Sorry I meant in gerrit
> > you just need to create an account + send a license statement to submit your patch.
> Respectfully, that's more effort than I'm willing to go to just to delete
> one stray character from a build script.
Ok no problem. Thought it would be a first bug to tackle for you but would be interested in tackling more bugs.
Anyway I submitted the patch here:
(Hope there won't be license issue for a one line patch).
Thank for the patch. It's pretty easy to hack directly in Gerrit, see https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/user-inline-edit.html
Julien Nabet committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
tdf#142335: fix bashism in configure.ac
It will be available in 7.2.0.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.