In Typora a markdown editor you can select a text and add a hyperlink with strg + k. Which is the same than in LibreOffice, but in Typora the content from the clipboard was automatically used for the hyperlink. So you don't have to go to past the content from the clipboard to the hyperlink dialog.
This is a tiny change, but it's a really good idea to fasten your workflow.
how it should work:
1. select an url with strg + c
2. select a text
3. insert hyperlink strg + k
4. Url field should be by default pasted the hyperlink
- maybe it can be defined that auto past was done only if it's an url (www, http, mailto, ...)
- Url field will be selected, so with del you can remove the auto past content
5. click enter and the hyperlink was done.
Sounds like a good idea.
Andreas Heinisch committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
tdf#146576 - Propose clipboard content when inserting a hyperlink
It will be available in 24.2.0.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
There is still room for improvement here for a follow-up report, e.g., when the clipboard contains a mail address, or a document link, the dialog could automatically prefill the corresponding fields.