When I open a Word document with LibreOffice 7.3.0, the content controls are no longer updated. The old value remains, although a new value is contained in the DataBinding. This still worked with the old version 126.96.36.199.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open the attached word document
3. If the text "Placeholder -> HERUNTERLADEN" is displayed its wrong, this was the old value.
3. If the text "Placeholder -> ABC" is displayed all works as expected
User Profile Reset: No
Version: 188.8.131.52 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 0f246aa12d0eee4a0f7adcefbf7c878fc2238db3
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19044; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: de-AT (de_AT); UI: en-US
Created attachment 178612 [details]
Regression from 7.3.
author Vasily Melenchuk <email@example.com> 2021-11-24
commit a4432eb0946c0bc775b3d30b634bef5d66544f8d (patch)
tdf#104823: support for sdt plain text fields
Created attachment 178639 [details]
example resaved in MSO
If reproduction example is resaved in MSO, LO opens it correctly.
Problem is reproduced successfully.
1. Since 7.3 LibreOffice is trying to evaluate databindings for sdt elements, like MS Word does. Before this was ignored, but since in customXml value for this sdt was identical to placeholder data in document.xml it was looking like everything okay.
2. I see that data binding xpath in this sdt element successfully resolves to "ABC" from customXml\item1.xml AND at the same time to "HERUNTERLADEN" from customXml\item2.xml. Since LO currently does not take into account w:storeItemID (not yet implemented) it can't distinguish which one value to use.
3. During resaving document in MS Word it can change order of custom xmls and so in LO we have different order of resolved data values. So it does helps only by accident.