If you export a Writer Document with tables and an index as PDF and check the result via PAC-Tool (https://pdfua.foundation/en/pdf-accessibility-checker-pac), they're three issues:
- Headcells without assigned sub-cells
- Tab order ist not set to "structure"
- Missing alternative Text (for table of contents)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a new Writer document with a "Table of contents"
2. Add a table with head + bodycells
3. Save it as PDF
4. Check the result via PAC-Tool (Standard: PDF/UA-1)
Issues with structure elements, tab order in table of contents, alernative descriptions
User Profile Reset: No
Version: 184.108.40.206 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 8a45595d069ef5570103caea1b71cc9d82b2aae4
CPU threads: 12; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19042; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI: de-DE
Created attachment 180091 [details]
Testcase for the issue (odt)
Created attachment 180093 [details]
Testcase (generated PDF)
Testcase - generated PDF from odt.
Created attachment 180094 [details]
PAC-Report (German) for the PDF
The PAC Report for the PDF (german)
I guess we may confirm for table header cell assignments.
There are other reports in Bug 139007, I put some in See Also.
Created attachment 180183 [details]
ZIP file containing an ODT test file and three PDF files derived from it
This bug report combines unrelated issues:
1. 'Headcells without assigned sub-cells': this is due to TH cells in the tagged PDF have their Scope attribute set to "None" (instead of "Column" for table column headers). See Bug 149140 (submitted because I was not aware of the current bug).
2. 'Tab order is not set to "structure"': AFAIK, this is an issue at the document level rather than the table level.
3. 'Missing alternative Text (for table of contents)': I think this is covered by Bug 148934 : 'TOC hyperlinks not compliant with PDF/UA, no <alt> contents'
I have also found that all of these issue already existed in tagged PDF file exported by OpenOffice.org Writer 3.3.0, so I think "Version" should be set to "Inherited from OOo".
I have attached a bunch of test files (uploaded as a ZIP):
- the ODT file is a slightly modified version of p.brandt's original test file (I removed the image);
- the first PDF file is a PDF based on the above generated with OpenOffice.org Writer 3.3.0;
- the PDF file whose name ends with "_corrected" is a version of the above in which I fixed many of the issues using Adobe Acrobat Pro;
- the last PDF file is the (German) report from PAC 2021 for the original PDF with some English annotations related to the three issues from the original bug report.
i think that these are all duplicates and fixed?
- Headcells without assigned sub-cells => bug 149140
- Tab order ist not set to "structure" => bug 148934
- Missing alternative Text (for table of contents) => bug 148934
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 149140 ***