This is essentially tdf#85912, just for the qt5/kf5 VCL plugin.
Steps to reproduce:
1) set up ibus/kfml with the GE profile (s. steps below)
2) start LO Writer with the kf5 VCL plugin
3) select the "GE" profile in ibus/kfml set up earlier
4) type this sequence (not including the quotes): "_;]"
* note: for German keyboard layout and the GE profile enabled, press the keystrokes that would insert "?ö+" if the input method were not enabled
5) observe the result
The doc contains this text: "_;ɔ̱̈"
The doc should only contain this text: "ɔ̱̈" (because all other characters should be "swallowed"/replaced according to the definition in the "GE" profile for the ibus-kfml input method.
Steps I took to set up ibus-kfml on Debian testing in a Plasma X11 session:
* install `ibus-kmfl` (I had also installed `keyman` and `ibus-keyman`, but that shouldn't be necessary, but are the "more modern" tools)
* create directory: `mkdir ~/.kmfl`
* download `GE.kmn`: attachment 116069 [details]
* put the file into `~/.kmfl`
* compile the file: `cd ~/.kmfl; kmflcomp GE.kmn`
* restart ibus-daemon
* ignore the message about the missing icon (alternatively, comment out the `BITMAP "GE.bmp"` line in the `GE.kmn` file before compiling above)
* add input method:
* start `ibus-setup`
* go to "Input Method" tab, "Add" -> "Other" -> "General" (with the "KMFL" icon next to it)
* select the input method, e.g. from the KDE Plasma panel for IBus
Version: 126.96.36.199.alpha1+ / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: f817b3de1aa827d93e2a622735c4d570514f4849
CPU threads: 12; OS: Linux 5.17; UI render: default; VCL: kf5 (cairo+xcb)
Locale: en-GB (en_GB.UTF-8); UI: en-US
I came across this while looking into tdf#147084, will submit a patch to Gerrit.
(In reply to Michael Weghorn from comment #0)
> * download `GE.kmn`: attachment 116069 [details]
FWIW, that key mapping is from bug 91641, and that one has links to more IM-related bug reports, so that might be a good starting point in case there is interest in digging deeper into the IM topic and retesting more things for qt5/kf5...
(In reply to Michael Weghorn from comment #1)
> I came across this while looking into tdf#147084, will submit a patch to
Michael Weghorn committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
tdf#149255 qt: Implement deletion/"swallowing" for IM replacement
It will be available in 7.4.0.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.