When utilizing cell validation based on cell range (with drop-down), to consider:
- Activating autocomplete triggered by typing directly into the cell.
- (Currently requires first to mouse-click drop-down arrow or Alt + down before will respond to typing)
- Autocomplete leveraging a full-text search of the data in the cell range.
- (e.g. if user types in part of the cell content that is at the end of the cell, it will still find the item from the drop-down).
I guess possibly perform full text "search" finding target midspan and at endings of cell contents.
But the progressive "bash like" auto complete of bug 145198 is pretty functional already.
There is a momentum in bug 142214 (which I use as duplicate; please reopen if this request has a substantial different direction). Another potential duplicate is bug 133494.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 142214 ***
This is about full text autocomplete that is different than the bug 142214 or 133494.
I'd forgotten about the .uno:DataSelect (<Alt>=<Down> shortcut) improvements suggested in bug 133494, work on that framework would be appropriate for the ask here.
Bug 142214 got off track and discussion there of not sectioning the searched ranges are not helpful to this ask for completion against partial string match in any position.
Thusfar the .uno:DataSelect provides *only* the full listbox of previous column entries without any filtering. Also does not seem to provide for searching cells by row.
For Columns, what is needed is for user to make some entry into the target cell, using that in the UNO as the string to match on previous cell values--regardless of position in cell(s)--and filter the listbox choices accordingly.
s/<Alt>=<Down> shortcut/<Alt>+<Down> shortcut/
My understanding of the STR:
1. Create a validity list with a couple of similar options like "Position 1, Position 2, Position 3"
2. Type "1" in the cell => expectation is to autocomplete as "Position 1" (picking the item from a very long list is tedious)
* bug 94513 (autocompletion is based on the sheet content not the validity list)
* bug 98953 (type to find => DUP)
* bug 113237 (duplicate, Cor?)
* bug 114393 (duplicate, Roman?)
* bug 137113 (DUP of bug 94513)
Stéphane, something to consolidate?
Consolidating into near-identical bug 94513.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 94513 ***