Created attachment 44606 [details]
this is about 332RC2
Actually this is a multi-stage-problem, however, you will find out yourself and splitt it accordingly
I made a a copy of OOO-files ODB and ODT to test serial mailing
(note: I tested the ODB itself in LO prior to this, and it worked fine)
1. the conntection seems to be registered and established to writer
2. drag and drop fields to writer-doc works
3. put in data to text failed, fields not recognized (issue)
4. instead the (not really useful) assistent pops up an offers new field-selection - content ist put in correctly
5. That assitent pops up on any change of record - and prior put in records remain anchanged (issue: thats nonsens)
6. Serial-print-assistent starts correct (whereas the feature use selected record is not functioning for e-mails)
6. it can be easily done, that records in text and record for mail-adress are different (Issue)
7. starting mail-process/sending(message visible) will crash LO immidiatly (runtime error - abnormal termination) (issue)
note: with OOO (and mozabdrvmi.dll version 3.04) it had worked
Pls dont ask for files, they are confidental
I probably mixed up the two assistence data-to-text and data-to-fields,
however I rechecked it with data-to-fields , which works fine data-update.
-- sending per emails would always crash LO
-- trying to print will remove content from fields, and obviously should be filled again via the filter/selection. But that does not work either, fields remain emptys (print with no field-contents)
1./7. This one might be related to "Bug 34187 - MAILMERGE Transfer status" remains on "0 of 0 sent" with attach as pdf", where I often see that "Send Documents" simply does not work, but also a crash appears. But the relations are complex, I am not sure.
I do not understand 2., 3., 4., 5., 6.
Can you please file new bug reports (one by one) with more details and put me on CC, so that we can try to find some more relations within this really "multi stage" problem?
1-7.: it simply descibs the workorder - (and in brackets the comments)
give it a try and you will see what I mean, may be you recheck that on OOO too.
note: the main-problem is data-to-field with all it's implications, up to now I treat data-to-text just as a non-seriously-working gimmick
Well, where do we stand with this. Do we have a route to reproduce the specific problem ?
Thought so! I did not understand what you do or why you do so.
You tested with a very obsolete version, still a problem for you?
The main question is: Can you contribute anything (document) with what we can reproduce the problem? Without we have no chance to reproduce and so to close this report.
For example, can you create a document with fields from bibliography database (or a little dummy database you can contribute) what causes the crash for you, so that we can try to reproduce and to debug.
All that should be zipped into a little test kit.
Closing Bug due to reporter's inactivity as WFM.
Please feel free to reopen this bug if you find out that the problem still exists with the current stable LibreOffice version and if you can contribute requested additional information due to <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport> (especially BugReport Details)!
but I miss the function "one email only" with the selected record only.
actually although the content is filled to the fields, also the filter must be set to the appropriate record/ID-No. maybe that feature can come soon too.
RESOLVED, FIXED or CLOSED bugs cant be KEYWORD NEEDINFO.