LibO3.4 beta4: Beanshell scripts don't work
To reproduce, try to run any preset scripts whether from the Beanshell IDE or from the general script manager. Or install this extension https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=42291 and go to Tools - Add-ons menu - Calling scripts - Beanshell: Hello
Related to "Bug 33355 - Python scripting not available"?
I tried to install the extension, but I will get an error message, and the macro seems to be not available.
Created attachment 46426 [details]
Screenshot, See Comment 1
Created attachment 46433 [details]
David suggested to fix the bug #33355 by enabling some configure switches. I did it for 3.4.0-brta4, see
There must be more problems with the beanshell.
I guess the fix never made it into b4, or else the switch wasn't activated for the build because I can see exactly the same thing as Rainer has produced in the screenshot, i.e. only a LibreOffice Basic macros entry. None of the other scripts appear in the list of those managed by LibO.
BTW, I'm on Mac OSX (Intel 10.6.7)
and the same for me even with the latest branch build ( from last night )
interestingly if one installs the beanshell scriptprovider manually then although it is displayed it doesn't work ( seems to be some classpath issue )
Created attachment 46541 [details]
Fixed by this commit in 3.4 branch
This isn't beta 5 right ? Coz if it is, it ain't working on MacOSX. See bug 37015 for details.
Sigh, I meant to write "This isn't fixed in beta5, right ?"
Hmm, it still does not work with the last build. See also https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=37015#c13
Noel, did you commit the whole fix?
(In reply to comment #12)
> Hmm, it still does not work with the last build. See also
> Noel, did you commit the whole fix?
yes I did :-)
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/libs-core/commit/?h=libreoffice-3-4&id=39c7949d6cfe4ef0421e53bdca70b4b06568b9bc is complete.
Now the real question is was this before beta5 or not? ( and that, I don't know for sure, I would guess not )
Ah, I tested beta5 by mistake. It works with today's build => FIXED
I am sorry for the rumour.
LibO 3.4 RC1 - LibreOffice 3.4.0 OOO340m1 (Build:11) [on WinXP 32b]
1. Tested with 'ExtExample-1.0.1.oxt' - OK
(see 'Description' [clio 2011-05-06])
2. Several tests via 'Tools > Macros > Organize Macros > BeanShell...' - OK
(In reply to comment #16)
> and beanshell macro stuff. Still think those two should be defaulted to be
I would have to ask around, but I'm pretty sure there are people developing Beanshell realworld stuff (often via the Netbeans IDE), however, really couldn't say about JS.
Still not working in rc1 for Mac OSX. Changing platform to OSX since others have reported that it works on other OSes.
Enclosing screenshot of trying to run a built-in beanshell script.
Created attachment 46952 [details]
screenshot of beanshell script failure
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 37015 ***