Bug 41650 - FILESAVE as .doc or docx: activation of page flow on wrong place - and headers/footers and page styles change (see comment #15)
Summary: FILESAVE as .doc or docx: activation of page flow on wrong place - and heade...
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Writer (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
Inherited From OOo
Hardware: Other All
: medium normal
Assignee: Tamas Bunth
URL:
Whiteboard: BSA target:6.1.0
Keywords: filter:doc, filter:docx, notBibisectable
Depends on:
Blocks: DOCX DOC
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2011-10-10 07:46 UTC by Tim
Modified: 2017-12-14 21:58 UTC (History)
12 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
Example file that loses formatting (17.73 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)
2012-05-08 19:45 UTC, Steven Hillis
Details
text file in plain text with "first page" page style. newly created. (30.41 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)
2012-08-21 14:31 UTC, Sigrid Carrera
Details
image error message # 1 (16.69 KB, image/png)
2012-08-21 14:33 UTC, Sigrid Carrera
Details
image error message # 2 (20.64 KB, image/png)
2012-08-21 14:33 UTC, Sigrid Carrera
Details
Sample text (12.29 KB, text/plain)
2012-08-21 15:03 UTC, Rainer Bielefeld Retired
Details
Report template with First Page & Index followed by Defautlt pages (12.24 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)
2017-09-16 02:38 UTC, Bob Furber
Details
Page styes change when odt file saves as a docx (11.77 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)
2017-09-18 21:46 UTC, Bob Furber
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Tim 2011-10-10 07:46:18 UTC
Problem description: 
When saving a file as .doc and then reopening it all the text lose it's formatting. E.g. bold, tables, images etc. are all gone when reopening the file.

Steps to reproduce:
1. .... New file + save
2. .... Close + save
3. .... Reopen

Current behavior: Losing formatting on save.

Expected behavior: Keeping formatting on save.

Platform (if different than the browser): 
              
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/535.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/14.0.835.202 Safari/535.1
Comment 1 Roman Eisele 2011-12-01 11:50:14 UTC
@Tim:
Could you please explain what kind of file you try to save as .doc file? It would be perfect if you could upload an ODT file which, after saving as .doc file, looses formatting. And what version of LibreOffice and what operating system you are using?

In the present state, your report is of little value, because in most cases saving a file as .doc file works fine (for me and many users ...): no formatting is lost.
Comment 2 Xavi Escriche Galindo 2012-04-20 16:29:43 UTC
[Not reproducible] Works fine with "LibreOffice 3.5.2.2 - Mac OS X 10.5.8 (32bits) Catalan UI"
Comment 3 Steven Hillis 2012-05-08 19:45:01 UTC
Created attachment 61263 [details]
Example file that loses formatting

If you save this file as either .doc or .docx then reopen it, many page numbers disappear, formatting of paragraphs is destroyed, spacing is inconsistent from page to page, random page breaks occur. This problem has shown up for me in both the 3.4.x and 3.5.x branch. The same problem shows in Microsoft office when the saved .doc file is opened there.

This is a pretty standard format for most college students, it's probably a deal breaker for most students that this little task doesn't work.
Comment 4 Matthew B 2012-05-13 16:10:01 UTC
Has this been fixed or the bug confirmed?

Running windows here and the file worked fine for me.  Running Libre office 3.5.3.  And MS word 2003. 

I converted bad "format.odt" to ".doc" in Writer.  Then, I opened it with both word and writer.  Yes there was some weird page spacing on page 2.

This should not be a deal breaker though.  MS Word needs to get on the ball and support ".odt" files.  IF you want to share a document created with Writer with the MicrSft running sloths, then just export to pdf.
Comment 5 bfoman (inactive) 2012-06-27 01:51:27 UTC
Confirmed with:
LO 3.5.4.2 
Build ID: own W7 debug build
Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit

Problems on page 2: there are numerous newlines and thus doc file has 5 pages,  page number is not displayed.
Comment 6 Rainer Bielefeld Retired 2012-08-18 16:13:31 UTC
I can reproduce 

@mostofyou:
Please avoid dexcriptions "And it looks SO ugly ..., LOTS of mistakes  ..."
Comment 7 Rainer Bielefeld Retired 2012-08-18 16:46:56 UTC
I see some problems, reduce the bug due to 
<http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport#General_information> item 4
to the problem  "Page break inserted after last paragraph started on page with format "First page""

That effect is also reproducible with AOOo 3.4, so it seem inherited from OOo

Also reproduce with Export of an own  document.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create new WRITER document from LibO start center
2. Insert 20 Lorem Ipsum paragraphs (should be more or less 3 Pages
3. Click first word in Document
4. <f11> shows 'Styles Pane'
5. Click icon  'Styles Pane  - Page templates -> First page'
6. Save as "sample.odt" and "sample.doc" (WORD97)
7. Reopen "sample.doc" with MS WORD (or WRITER, shows the same result)
   Expected: no page break
   Actual: Page break after last paragraph started on Page 1, for me behind 
           "vel augue sagittis adipiscing"


It might be that this is not a bug, but simply some incompatibility concerning page format handling?
Libo / ODF: Can change page format from "First Page" to "Standard" within a 
            paragraph without any consequences
WORD: "Page format change additionally inserts a page break after last 
       paragraph with old page format"?

So we have to check WORD behavior for this do decide whether it's a bug:
<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugTriage#Process>  item 5

Someone with WORD here to check how WORD handles those page style changes?
Comment 8 Sigrid Carrera 2012-08-21 14:30:51 UTC
Hi, 

I tried to reproduce the problem. I followed the description that Rainer gave here and created a new document with LibreOffice 3.5.6.2 

(In reply to comment #7)
> Steps to reproduce:
> 
> 1. Create new WRITER document from LibO start center
> 2. Insert 20 Lorem Ipsum paragraphs (should be more or less 3 Pages
> 3. Click first word in Document
> 4. <f11> shows 'Styles Pane'
> 5. Click icon  'Styles Pane  - Page templates -> First page'
> 6. Save as "sample.odt" and "sample.doc" (WORD97)
> 7. Reopen "sample.doc" with MS WORD (or WRITER, shows the same result)
>    Expected: no page break
>    Actual: Page break after last paragraph started on Page 1, for me behind 
>            "vel augue sagittis adipiscing"
> 
> 
> It might be that this is not a bug, but simply some incompatibility concerning
> page format handling?
> Libo / ODF: Can change page format from "First Page" to "Standard" within a 
>             paragraph without any consequences
> WORD: "Page format change additionally inserts a page break after last 
>        paragraph with old page format"?
> 
> So we have to check WORD behavior for this do decide whether it's a bug:
> <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugTriage#Process>  item 5
> 
> Someone with WORD here to check how WORD handles those page style changes?

I have checked both files with Word 2010 on a Win7 Enterprise edition, and I see the same behaviour that Rainer describes. (For the text I used the built-in "dummy text" - dt + F3). Also, Word 2010 complains about the odt file, it tells me that it is corrupt. (see attachments) I made the screenshots for the first document that Steven Hillis provided, but I got the exact same error message for the file that I created with LibO.
Comment 9 Sigrid Carrera 2012-08-21 14:31:53 UTC
Created attachment 65887 [details]
text file in plain text with "first page" page style. newly created.
Comment 10 Sigrid Carrera 2012-08-21 14:33:17 UTC
Created attachment 65888 [details]
image error message # 1

First error message, when I try to open the odt file with Word 2010.
Comment 11 Sigrid Carrera 2012-08-21 14:33:53 UTC
Created attachment 65889 [details]
image error message # 2

First error message, when I try to open the odt file with Word 2010.
Comment 12 Rainer Bielefeld Retired 2012-08-21 15:03:38 UTC
Created attachment 65893 [details]
Sample text

Hi Sigrid, 
I'm afraid you fond some additional bugs, I will check that, soon.

Concerning the reported page break issue, for me the remaining question is: What will WORD do with a NEW own document.doc
Containing some text as in attached sample:
a) filled with several paragraphs
b) One  Paragraph exceeding page 1, paragraph starts on Page 1, ends on page 2
c) Changing First page to Page style "First page"

What will happen after step c? Page break after Paragraph exceeding page 1 or
text continuing?
Comment 13 Rainer Bielefeld Retired 2012-08-26 06:57:51 UTC
Still unclear what WORD behavior here is
Comment 14 sasha.libreoffice 2012-12-04 05:54:19 UTC
Using first attachment:
reproduced in 3.5.0 on Windows XP 32 bit and in 3.6.3 on RFR 17 64 bit
not reproduced in 3.4.2 on Windows XP 32 bit
Therefore, regression beginning from 3.5.0
Comment 15 Cor Nouws 2014-02-06 14:25:39 UTC
Hi,

I opened attachment 61263 [details] in 4.2.0.4 and in 4.1.4.2  Behaviour the same in both.
(Also tested in 3661 - see below)


First about the original .odt file:
First page = style First page
             Header with text
             Footer with number one
             Is activted by setting the attribute for the first paragraph
Next pages = style Default
             Header empty
             Footer with field Page number 


Test 1
= = = = 
Saving as .doc and opening again shows:

1 - First page = style Standard; Headers/footers are OK

2 - The first paragraph starting on page 2 gets a page break before = wrong.

3 - Third page and further = style "Converted 1" (translated); 
    Headers/footers are OK

Conclusions test 1:

A - the page style attribute Next page style is activated from the first paragraph on the second page 

B - names of page styles are mixed


Test 2
= = = = 
Saving as .DOCX and opening again shows:

1 - First page = style Standard; Headers/footers are OK

2 - the last paragraph on page 1 gets style Footer = Wrong
3 - the first paragraph starting on page 2 gets style Footer and
    a page break before = both wrong.

4 - the first paragraph starting on page 2 gets a page break before = wrong.

5 - third page and further = style "Converted 1" (_not_ translated);
  headers get content (not the distance) from headers on First Page = not OK

Conclusions Test 2:

A - the page style attribute Next page style is activated from the first paragraph on the second page 

B - the content of a header/footer, is taken from the previous page style (if that has content header/footer)

C - the paragraphs before / and with the attribute Page break, get style Footer

D - names of page styles are mixed


Test with cleared formatting
= = = = = = = = = = = = 
 - Select all text
 - Ctrl+M (Clear direct formatting)
 - paragrapgh style Default to have double line distance
 - first page to have style First page

The same behaviour (except that in the docx the line distance is OK in all paragraphs, which is logic since paragraph style Footer inherrits that from Default).


Test in 366:
= = = = = = =
Converted as .doc and reopened

1 - First page = style First page; Headers/footers are OK

2 - next pages = style Standard;
    Headers/footers distance are from First Page = Wrong
    Headers/footers content is empty = Wrong
Comment 16 Cor Nouws 2014-02-06 14:30:20 UTC
@ miklos, @adam

What do you think - need to make separate issues?
In any case, I tried to be as explicit as possible in comment 15

thanks!
Cor
Comment 17 Cor Nouws 2014-02-06 14:43:07 UTC
Looks as if
  test 1 > 2 and test 2 > 4
are the same as Bug 74566 - FILESAVE: DOCX: 'Break to Next Page' converted to 'Page Break Before' in RT
Comment 18 Björn Michaelsen 2014-03-16 12:31:27 UTC
This bug is inconsistent: comment 14 claims this to be a 3.4->3.5 regression, while version states "inherited from OOo". Please clarify.
Comment 19 Cor Nouws 2014-03-16 20:46:02 UTC
(In reply to comment #18)
> This bug is inconsistent: comment 14 claims this to be a 3.4->3.5
> regression, while version states "inherited from OOo". Please clarify.

I'm afraid I'm lost too in all page formatting/header-footer issues.

Part of those are old behaviour, because MsWord (thus .doc) does not know the automatic sequence of styles, that Writer/ODF has. (Easy to spend days reading all that has been written about that from OOo times onewards.)

Besides that, issues come up (for some cases) due to glitches (maybe compatibillity with older documents?) around the introduction of the great feature in Writer of accepting different first page header/footers for an applied page style.

I don't have enough free energy to get my head around all that. Sorry.
Sometimes I try to comment or even test (see comment #15). But that does not guarentee full clarity :)
Comment 20 Robinson Tryon (qubit) 2015-01-19 06:43:13 UTC
(In reply to sasha.libreoffice from comment #14)
> reproduced in 3.5.0 on Windows XP 32 bit and in 3.6.3 on RFR 17 64 bit
> not reproduced in 3.4.2 on Windows XP 32 bit
> Therefore, regression beginning from 3.5.0

Predates bibisect range, so
Whiteboard -> notBibisectable
Comment 21 Björn Michaelsen 2015-01-27 22:45:56 UTC
Removing 'regression' as there hasnt been any clarification noting this to ever have worked reliably.
Comment 22 Robinson Tryon (qubit) 2015-12-10 01:28:46 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 23 Bob Furber 2017-09-16 02:38:27 UTC
Created attachment 136277 [details]
Report template with First Page & Index followed by Defautlt pages

On saving TemplateSavedAs.odt as a .docx, closing it and then reloading it, The First Page style changes to Default, the Index style changes to Default and the page/style break between the Index and the report's Default style content is lost.
Comment 24 Bob Furber 2017-09-16 02:46:39 UTC
Sorry, I meant to say that both the Index and Default pages were converted to Converted1 style.

Exporting SaveTemplateAs.odt to .pdf reproduced the .odt file accurately.
Comment 25 Cor Nouws 2017-09-16 07:33:28 UTC
@tim, @Bob, *,

a. It's known: MsWord does not have automatic page style flow, apart form separate first page, for which an LibreOffice writer ODT can be prepared.
So using style First Page, which is automatically followed by Default, will cause loss when exported as doc(x), unless there is a hard page with style information created.
b. IMO it's best to close this issue and see for existing issues with the latest version, with _single_ problems.
Comment 26 Bob Furber 2017-09-16 21:36:16 UTC
Forgive me, Cor Nouws, but, I do not understand what you are saying.

Is there any way to prepare a document, using LOWrite which can be saved as a .doc or .docx document that has the following features:
- a numberless title page
- a 1 or 2 page table of contents section, with italic page numbers, starting at page 'i'
- a multi-page body with Arabic page numbers, starting at page '1'
Comment 27 Cor Nouws 2017-09-17 18:04:06 UTC
(In reply to Bob Furber from comment #26)
> Forgive me, Cor Nouws, but, I do not understand what you are saying.
> 
> Is there any way to prepare a document, using LOWrite which can be saved as
> a .doc or .docx document that has the following features:
> - a numberless title page
> - a 1 or 2 page table of contents section, with italic page numbers,
> starting at page 'i'
> - a multi-page body with Arabic page numbers, starting at page '1'

Yes, by haven the pages prepared in the ODT file/template, and make sure page crossings are hard breaks with page style information - as I wrote.
Comment 28 Bob Furber 2017-09-18 21:44:18 UTC
I searched Help and web for "page crossing(s)" and "hard break" without success. Came across Insert -> Manual Break -> page, but that did not allow me to save page styles correctly to docx, either:

1. Open simple 1 page template:
Page style: Default
Added text - Paragraph styles: Title, Heading 1, Heading 2, Heading 3, Default text, Body text
Footer style: filename, page number (arabic: 1, 2, 3..), date

2. Menu → Format → Page → Organizer → Style: UNABLE to CHANGE page style from Default

3. Sidebar → Styles and Formatting → Page → double-clicked on Index: Page style changed to "First Page"

4. New line after Title: Paragraph style Text Body

5. Menu → Insert → Manual Break → Page → Style → Index |  Change page number -> 1: The cursor moved to a 2nd page with a Index style . The 1st page kept First Page style. The page count in the lower left of the screen changed from Page 1 of 1 to Page 3 of 3!!

6. Menu → Insert → Manual Break → Page → Style → Default Style |  Change page number -> 1: The cursor moved to a 3rd page with a Default Style style . The 1st page kept First Page style. The 2nd page maintained its Index style. The page count in the lower left of the screen changed from Page 3 of 3 to Page 5 of 5!!

7. Saved as a template

8. Created new PageStylesSaveAs.odt (attached) and PageStylesSaveAs.docx using the new template

9. Saved and closed both documents

10. Opened 3 page PageStylesSaveAs.docx:
Page 1 (Page 1 of 5) has acquired Default Style
Page 2 (Page 2 of 5) has acquired Converted1 style, Page number changed from italic to arabic
Page 3 (Page 3 of 5) has acquired Converted2 style, Page number  was dropped, but came up as arabic when added

11. Saved, closed and reopened as 2 page (!!) PageStylesSaveAs.docx:
 Page 1 (Page 1 of 3) remained Default Style
Page 2 (Page 2 of 3) remained Converted1 style, the 2:3 page break vanished so contents of page 3 moved to page 2 Page number changed from italic to arabic (that of the no-longer-existing page 3)
Comment 29 Bob Furber 2017-09-18 21:46:53 UTC
Created attachment 136352 [details]
Page styes change when odt file saves as a docx
Comment 30 Cor Nouws 2017-09-19 19:17:17 UTC
Hi Bob,

Thanks for testing. What version did you test in (Help>About)?

I tested in Version: 6.0.0.0.alpha0+
Build ID: afeff9102c2935139de4efd40fd2286dce396706
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.10; UI render: default; VCL: gtk2; 
TinderBox: Linux-rpm_deb-x86_64@70-TDF, Branch:master, Time: 2017-09-17_23:32:41
Locale: nl-NL (nl_NL.UTF-8); Calc: group


(In reply to Bob Furber from comment #28)
> I searched Help and web for "page crossing(s)" and "hard break" without
> success. Came across Insert -> Manual Break -> page, but that did not allow
> me to save page styles correctly to docx, either:

Yes, it's sometimes a mystery how to get to specific help pages.

> 1. Open simple 1 page template:
> Page style: Default
> Added text - Paragraph styles: Title, Heading 1, Heading 2, Heading 3,
> Default text, Body text
> Footer style: filename, page number (arabic: 1, 2, 3..), date

OK

> 2. Menu → Format → Page → Organizer → Style: UNABLE to CHANGE page style
> from Default

OK

> 3. Sidebar → Styles and Formatting → Page → double-clicked on Index: Page
> style changed to "First Page"

OK

> 4. New line after Title: Paragraph style Text Body
> 
> 5. Menu → Insert → Manual Break → Page → Style → Index |  Change page number
> -> 1: The cursor moved to a 2nd page with a Index style . The 1st page kept
> First Page style. The page count in the lower left of the screen changed
> from Page 1 of 1 to Page 3 of 3!!

Yes - Writes counts 'empty' pages, so that on double sided printing, title pages/ new chapters start at the page right.
(See Tools > Options > Writer > Print .. > Other)

> 6. Menu → Insert → Manual Break → Page → Style → Default Style |  Change
> page number -> 1: The cursor moved to a 3rd page with a Default Style style
> . The 1st page kept First Page style. The 2nd page maintained its Index
> style. The page count in the lower left of the screen changed from Page 3 of
> 3 to Page 5 of 5!!

OK

> 7. Saved as a template
> 
> 8. Created new PageStylesSaveAs.odt (attached) and PageStylesSaveAs.docx
> using the new template
> 
> 9. Saved and closed both documents
> 
> 10. Opened 3 page PageStylesSaveAs.docx:
> Page 1 (Page 1 of 5) has acquired Default Style
> Page 2 (Page 2 of 5) has acquired Converted1 style, Page number changed from
> italic to arabic

Your attachment 136352 [details] has no page number applied on the second page (Index/converted1). If you mean in the page style properties, that is arabic in the odt too.

The change of page style name, always happens with saving in doc(x).
I guess that's because doc(x) doesn't support this.

NB: in my test, I had to add an extra paragraph below the index, that you put on the second page. to prevent the index cover the page crossing after close&reopen.

> Page 3 (Page 3 of 5) has acquired Converted2 style, Page number  was
> dropped, but came up as arabic when added

The page number was retained in my test.

> 11. Saved, closed and reopened as 2 page (!!) PageStylesSaveAs.docx:
>  Page 1 (Page 1 of 3) remained Default Style
> Page 2 (Page 2 of 3) remained Converted1 style, the 2:3 page break vanished
> so contents of page 3 moved to page 2 Page number changed from italic to
> arabic (that of the no-longer-existing page 3)

I confirm that problem, but can prevent it happening by adding an extra paragraph below the index on the second page..

So, apart from the changing page style names, I see no other problem then the page crossing below the index on the second page, in case there is only one empty paragraph, it seems. I think that is a relative new bug.

Can you please post what your version info is?
thanks,
Cor
Comment 31 Cor Nouws 2017-09-21 07:46:53 UTC
(In reply to Cor Nouws from comment #30)

> So, apart from the changing page style names, I see no other problem then
> the page crossing below the index on the second page, in case there is only
> one empty paragraph, it seems. I think that is a relative new bug.

see https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=112539
Comment 32 Bob Furber 2017-09-21 18:04:44 UTC
Adding an extra [blank] paragraph after the ToC does stop the page break and new style from being swallowed when the .odt is saved as .docx. The First Page, Index, and Default styled pages end up being Default, Converted1 and Converted2 in the docx.

The only gripe now is the roman page numbers in the Index section appear as arabic numerals in the docx. This may be related to bug 112094.
Comment 33 Bob Furber 2017-09-22 23:07:14 UTC
Paragraph break does not prevent page [style] break from being swallowed up when document is saved as docx on LOWriter 5.4.1.2:

1. Upgraded LOWriter to 5.4.1.2

2. Opened a template PageStyleSaveAs.ott with 3 page styles:
- First Page with "First Page" style and Title text followed by a new paragraph
- ToC page with "Index" style, Table of Contents followed by a new blank paragraph 
- Body page with "Default" style

3. Saved as PageStyleSaveAs.docx and closed

4. Opened PageStyleSaveAs.docx
- 1st Page: Style Default, lost page break Title followed by ToC on the same page. That is, the First Page and ToC page were combined into a single page
- 2nd Page: Style Converted1 corresponded to the Body page of the template
Comment 34 Commit Notification 2017-11-28 08:30:16 UTC
Tamas Bunth committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=6aa1df5a627697e6adaee70adcef2c5b50cfcbf7

tdf#41650 DOCX export: insert empty header/footer

It will be available in 6.1.0.

The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Testing_Daily_Builds

Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
Comment 35 Commit Notification 2017-12-08 15:16:28 UTC
Tamas Bunth committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=c1d58c46eec5081576979f584151c7e9a4f67fe0

tdf#41650 DOCX export: split para on section break

It will be available in 6.1.0.

The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Testing_Daily_Builds

Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
Comment 36 Tamas Bunth 2017-12-09 11:23:50 UTC
Based on the two patches above:

> Test 1
> = = = = 
> Saving as .doc and opening again shows:
> 
> 1 - First page = style Standard; Headers/footers are OK
> 
> 2 - The first paragraph starting on page 2 gets a page break before = wrong.
> 
> 3 - Third page and further = style "Converted 1" (translated); 
>     Headers/footers are OK
> 
> Conclusions test 1:
> 
> A - the page style attribute Next page style is activated from the first
> paragraph on the second page

Now it splits this paragraph into two paragraphs, and a section break is put in between. (.doc format does not allow paragraph to have a follow in another section, so that would be a workaround)

> 
> B - names of page styles are mixed

Still present. It might make sense to open a new issue for that?

> Test 2
> = = = = 
> Saving as .DOCX and opening again shows:
> 
> 1 - First page = style Standard; Headers/footers are OK
> 
> 2 - the last paragraph on page 1 gets style Footer = Wrong
> 3 - the first paragraph starting on page 2 gets style Footer and
>     a page break before = both wrong.
> 
> 4 - the first paragraph starting on page 2 gets a page break before = wrong.
> 
> 5 - third page and further = style "Converted 1" (_not_ translated);
>   headers get content (not the distance) from headers on First Page = not OK
> 
> Conclusions Test 2:
> 
> A - the page style attribute Next page style is activated from the first
> paragraph on the second page 

Same as in .doc export: Paragraph is split.

> B - the content of a header/footer, is taken from the previous page style
> (if that has content header/footer)

Fixed with inserting an empty header (Word does the same).

> 
> C - the paragraphs before / and with the attribute Page break, get style
> Footer

I couldn't reproduce it.

> 
> D - names of page styles are mixed

Same as .doc (new issue?)

There were a lot of bugs mentioned in the comments. I tried to stick to the ones referred in the bug title. I suggest to open a new bug for each other bugs that may come up and which are only loosly related.
Comment 37 Tamas Bunth 2017-12-09 11:27:26 UTC
I used attachment 61263 [details] for testing.

Version: 6.1.0.0.alpha0+
Build ID: 0c4b1eae3437358f62bd9e98da0c29d41132204d
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.13; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Comment 38 Commit Notification 2017-12-14 21:58:04 UTC
Tamas Bunth committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=2cf785591805395746d394ac56030a617e651a48

tdf#41650 doc(x) export split paragraph

It will be available in 6.1.0.

The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Testing_Daily_Builds

Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.