Using the Custom Animation command on a single box of text now forces each line of text in the box to appear separately.
In other words, this option is forced: Effects Options > Text Animation > Group text = By 1st level paragraphs.
I want to use "group text = as one object" as default. That has been possible for years. Now that feature has been broken.
Manually changing that setting back to "group text = as one object" for a created Custom Animation is also not possible. Doing that removes the Custom Animation altogether.
Seems to work now (3,5rc1) Win7 x64
LO 3.5 RC2 Windows XP: The problems are still there exactly as described in the first post above
The bug is alive in LO 3.5 RC3
This bug is still there in Libre Office 3.6 final
A partial solution to this is the request formulated in bug 41572
Having a text appearing "as one object" or "by first level paragraphs" (or other paragraph levels) it is question of preference. I prefer "by 1st level paragraph. Could this be made that it remembers the last setting?
@email@example.com: bug 41572 is not a partial solution to this.
41572 wants each new textbox to automatically get a custom animation.
43039 (this bug) is about LO now, when a custom animation is created, forces the effects option "by 1st level paragraph" (i.e. appears one line of the textbox at a time). Previously "as one object" was default. Now "as one object" is broken. That option is still in the dropdown menu. But selecting "as one object" and clicking "ok" has the effect of removing the previously set custom animation.
User preferences will differ in both regards.
What is needed to fix both bugs/requests is this:
1. repair the broken "as one object" option so that users can, for an existing individual custom animation, override the default setting.
2. add a global preference where the user can choose if each new textbox automatically should get a certain custom animation or not *AND* if that custom animation should use the "as one object" mode or the "by 1st level paragraph" mode.
Problem 1 shouldn't, for someone who knows the libreoffice code, be that hard to fix. Since it was working all right until someone in late 2011 decided to force a new default and break the "as one object" option. Whatever code was there before late 2011 should show how to get the "as one object" option working again.
This bug is still there in 22.214.171.124. There is still no quick way to get all lines of text in a box of text to appear at the same time, since that feature was broken in late 2011.
The process today is:
1. click text
2. click add custom animation
3. wait for popup window
4. click "ok"
5. click expand button to the left of the new animation in the custom animation list
6. click the first subitem
7. hold down control
8. click the last subitem
9. right click one of the subitems
10. click start with previous
This bug is still there in the latest LO. Consider fixing this for 4.3.
This bug is still there in LO 4.3.
1. Still broken: effects options > text animation > group text: as one object
2. Add an option to set "group text = as one object" as default.
** Please read this message in its entirety before responding **
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
No change in 6.0+
With respect to the two parts of this bug:
1) Fix Grouping Text with "As One Object":
In LO 126.96.36.199 (Windows) once a text box has been added to the animations (animating one line at a time) one can change it back to animating the entire object as one:
Steps to animate text box as one object:
1. Create a text box (F2) with multiple lines of text.
2. Click on the text box, or be editing text in the text box and click the '+' button in the Animation side panel.
--> This will give you one on-click animation for each line.
3. Right click on any of the new animations for the lines of text and select "Effect Option"
4. Go to "Text Animation" tab
5. In "Group Text", select "As One Object"
6. Press OK
This removes all the previous on-click animations for the each line and replaces it with a single animation for the entire object, which seems to be functioning as I would expect.
2) Allow user to set default to "As One Object":
By way of context, from bug 48553, Thorsten Behrens comments, "I think this [changing default from "as one object" to "by first level paragraph"] got changed during the 'sensible defaults' UX project in OpenOffice.org times;"
However, this does not address the request in this bug for an option to change the default for oneself. Changing bug to "Enhancement"
Version: 188.8.131.52 (x64)
Build ID: 7bcb35dc3024a62dea0caee87020152d1ee96e71
CPU threads: 12; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: default; VCL: win;
Locale: en-US (en_US); UI-Language: en-US
Changing priority back to 'medium' since the number of duplicates is lower than 5