Downstream bug may be found at:
1) lsb_release -rd
Description: Ubuntu precise (development branch)
2) apt-cache policy libreoffice-writer
*** 1:3.5.2-2ubuntu1 0
500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/main i386 Packages
3) What is expected is when one performs at the Terminal:
cd ~/Desktop && wget https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/577272/+attachment/1401809/+files/example%20file.odp && loimpress -nologo example\ file.odp
File -> Save as -> File type: Microsoft PowerPoint 97/2000/XP (.ppt) -> Save button -> Keep Current Format button
Close the file then open the .ppt file just created at the Terminal:
loimpress -nologo example\ file.ppt
the text is exactly as it was in the .odp format.
4) What happens instead is in the .ppt file the text at the bottom got bigger and moved to the left.
reproducible with LO 18.104.22.168 (Win7 Home, 64bit)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Save and open the file in the link of the bug report
2. Save it as a ppt file
3. Close the file
4. Open the ppt file and compare it with the odp file
Result: The footer font is changed and enlarged in the ppt file. It is no longer Arial 16 but now Times New Roman 24 (to check: go to VIEW -> MASTER -> SLIDE MASTER).
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 49561 ***