To whom it may concern,
It wouldn't work for me!
I am using;
Windows 7 Ultimate
Athlon II X4 3.0 Ghz
4.0 Gb memory
24 Gb free on hard disk
by double clicking on it in My Computer,
it installed with no error messages.
On first run the green loading progress bar got to
about 25%, and it stopped
with an error box that popped up
LibreOffice 3.5 has stopped working
And the details showed;
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: soffice.bin
Application Version: 126.96.36.199
Application Timestamp: 4f97ddbb
Fault Module Name: MSVCR90.dll
Fault Module Version: 9.0.30729.6161
Fault Module Timestamp: 4dace5b9
Exception Offset: 0002e9f4
Exception Code: c0000417
Exception Data: 00000000
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: dda5
Additional Information 2: dda5633914b838568fd285f822ee0ea1
Additional Information 3: 17aa
Additional Information 4: 17aa2e02feae928fc02ebd98296b0e62
I reinstalled using the repair feature and got the same.
I then uninstalled LibreOffice.
I came to the exact same Problem signature
when I installed using this line in the Windows Powershell (X86);
msiexec /i LibO_3.5.3_Win_x86_install_multi.msi VC_REDIST=0
I saw something similar with Master: I had to do several attempts for first launch, each terminated with a little more progress bar view, and after 10 or so attempts I had it running without further problems.
I am using Windows 7 Ultimate in 64 bit.
No matter how many times I start it,
the progress bar view always stops at;
Enabling: Danish spelling dictionary, hyphenation rules,
I was setting it up for English (US), but I don't
believe it asked me that during installation.
DUP of or related to "Bug 47350 - crash while activating the danish dict", what itself is a DUP of "Bug 38913 - Libreoffice crashes when loading Danish dictionary at startup citing msvcr90.dll after upgrade"?
How exactly do you start LibO? Desktop icon (might be document related)?, WIN Program start Center?
We had "Bug 48207 - Writer crashes at startup while loading danish wordbook" where reporter told that removing Danish dictionary heals the problem for him. In several other bugs the "Danish dict" seems to be a red herring, having nothing to do with the roots of the problem.
are there any indications that you crash REALLY is Danish dict. related?
You may use the "raw method" :
- uninstall LO
- download last version (3.5.4)
- remove/backup if needed, your LO profile (see http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile)
- option : use registry tool cleaner (eg : ccleaner which is free)
- install LO
Thanks for the help.
It was a fresh windows 7 install, and a fresh LO install.
It turns out the installer for LO should request
a language to use first before allowing the user
to use the "Typical" install method. The installer
using "Typical" just loads all the languages dictionaries.
This evidently doesn't work with some systems.
It seems to me that just one language should be loaded,
and then see if the system works before allowing the user
to go back and load more languages.
I used the "Custom" installation and deselected all of the
language packs in two different sections and then selected
just the English only in each section and continued with
It then worked great!
saltcher13: thank you for your feedback. I updated the title and put again "Unconfirmed" so people can test this on Windows.
Windows exception code c0000417 and offset 0002e9f4 in msvcr90.dll indicate this is a duplicate of Bug 38913.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 38913 ***