I installed LibO_3.5.4_Win_x86_install_multi.msi with English language dictionary selected. However it doesn't work, or doesn't seem to have been installed. In Tools - Options - Language Settings - Writing Aids, only Lightprrof Grammar Checker is shown. Indeed that works, but not the spellchecker. I've tried to modify and repair the installation in vain. I had to install a KPP dictionary extension to get the spelling dictionary.
Thanks for your bug report.
Already reported (and RESOLVED FIXED) as 'Bug 50552 - SPELL check does not mark wrong text and capitalization rules'.
The bugfix will be available in v3.5.5.
There's a workaround for v3.5.4:
→ https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=50552#c8 .
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 50552 ***
Thanks. It works. Since that thread is rather long, I though I reproduce your solution here, for easy reference of those who finds this page instead.
This can be resolved by synchronizing/enabling the bundled extensions:
- Close LibreOffice (+ Quickstarter, if enabled).
- Select the folder 'bundled' in LibreOffice user profile; path:
...\LibreOffice\3\user\extensions\bundled. (If you can find that default location for the user profile, see here https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile)
- Rename the folder 'bundled' to 'bundled_old'. (You can confidently delete it later if the solution works for you.)
- Restart LibreOffice (You may need to start it twice due to bug 43989).
If that doesn't work, see here for alternative: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/msg13122.html