when modifying 3d object at impress and draw using 3d object effect dialog, the preview only shows ball no matter what object i draw. this annoying as we can see the result of effect change directly.
(In reply to comment #0)
> when modifying 3d object at impress and draw using 3d object effect dialog,
> the preview only shows ball no matter what object i draw. this annoying as
> we can see the result of effect change directly.
Please add some steps to reproduce and also if possible a sample file to check.
The dialog is very old and needs a "rejuvenating cure". This ball is no preview but only a little help to understand the settings. On the 'Illumination' dialog page you can click onto the right bottom corner to toggle to a cube. More is not possible.
So this is not a bug, but a missing feature. Therefore I change the Importance field to 'enhancement'. I would prefer not a preview inside the dialog page but a true preview at the selected object.
Some aspects that needs to get addressed:
* Common layout: tabs or better a left-hand list view instead of the toggle buttons
* Default navigation: e.g. the right most button that has a tooltop "assign" does actually apply
* Conformity: the dialog needs Close and Ok, has to be modal (which makes a real preview necessary), and must not be resizable
* Specular light may be expected with diffuse and ambient
* Material presets with dropdown are unusual; and are better located at textures
* Setting the texture in the dialog becomes relevant when it is modal
It would also be good to introduce a 3d-style with all properties, and provide a couple of presets in this dialog.
3D needs a tree-view dialog, which covers the transformations (e.g. position, rotation) of the different objects and the navigation inside the 3D-object too. Keep in mind, that a 3D object is not only one object, but a scene, which can contain a lot of other objects and sub-scenes.