Created attachment 67836 [details]
example of menu partially hidden. if col A is wider, the menu will be completely invisible.
how to reproduce
1) set the sheet as Right To Left (e.g. by right-clicking on sheet tab)
2) move the cursor to any cell on first column (Col A is on the right now)
3) enlarge width of column A to twice the width of the context menu (on my system it's 5.62 cm, YMMV. Try 6 cm to be sure)
4) press the "context menu button" on your keyboard (it's usually found between the right Ctrl and right Alt keys)
5) maximize the window, or otherwise match Calc's right window edge with the screens right edge.
6) no menu is shown, but the arrow keys are NOT moving the cursor
- that's because the menu is opened, but beyond the right edge of the screen.
- you can still select an item, but you can't see your selection.
(it sounds like an easter egg, but it's an annoying usability bug)
* menu is opened correctly does works well if you use the mouse's right button.
* it works well from the 2nd (B) column and forth, regardless of the column widths
* (it's as annoying as it is funny)
reverse the position of left-to-right context menu. this issue is dealt with well in LTR mode.
Is this still an issue in the latest stable 4.0.x release?
i downloaded v4 just now, and confirmed the bug.
however, i may be the only person in the world who's unfortunate enough to work on rtl in libreoffice calc and using the keyboard for invoking the context menu?
List of closed and open RTL bugs is available at wiki page https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/RTL_Bugs or you can follow bug 43808 to track the RTL related bugs in the Bugzilla.
You should ask an owner of this bug how to add this issue to the list.
Reproduced in LibreOffice 188.8.131.52
on ubuntu 12.10 64-bit
I submit a patch that solving this bug
you can check it in https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/3271/
*** Bug 63444 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Abdulaziz A Alayed committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
fdo#55432 fix the context menu position for RTL sheet
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
Fix verified on a build from master.
> *** Bug 63444 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Actually it's not a duplicate but a similar bug. While this bug is fixed, the other one is still happens.