Created attachment 70771 [details]
The file contains external links create from my version of LibreOffice.
How to reproduce:
1. Launch LibreOffice.
2. Select Spreadsheet on main screen.
3. From top menu, Insert, Link to external data.
4. Enter "http://www.esunbank.com.tw/info/rate_deposit_loan.aspx" on the URL field, the URL above is just for example, any valid URL will expect the same problem.
5. Press Enter.
6. A "Import Options" dialog appears, just click OK.
7. At "Available tables", select one of any item, then click OK.
8. The contents of the webpage will be inserted into the sheet, then from top menu, File, Save, any location and file name are ok, then click Save.
9. Close LibreOffice from the X at top right of the window, not only close spreadsheets, be sure to exit LibreOffice completely.
10. Launch LibreOffice again.
11. From top menu , File, Recent Documents, choose the item saved at step 8.
12. A dialog ask you about updating links in file, choose Yes.
13. The cell contains external link will be "The link could not be updated.
How to workaround:
1. Repeat above step from 1 to 5.
2. A "Import Options" dialog appears, click Cancel.
3. Click cancel again to close "External Data" dialog.
4. Repeat above step 11 to 12.
5. The cell contains external link will be successfully updated.
This issue was for me not reproducible with LO 126.96.36.199 (Win7 Home, 64bit).
Does this issue still persist for you with the release of LO?
Note: This function to insert an internet webpage (in step 5) works only with the full URL address including "http://"
This would appear to be a duplicate of bug #57330 and bug #54533.
Also not reproducible on LO 188.8.131.52 (Win7 32bit).
@Usagi, perhaps you should do retest using latest stable release & check whether your report is similar with bugs stated on comment 2
(In reply to comment #3)
> Also not reproducible on LO 184.108.40.206 (Win7 32bit).
> @Usagi, perhaps you should do retest using latest stable release & check
> whether your report is similar with bugs stated on comment 2
Status -> NEEDINFO
Dear Bug Submitter,
This bug has been in NEEDINFO status with no change for at least 6 months. Please provide the requested information as soon as possible and mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED. Due to regular bug tracker maintenance, if the bug is still in NEEDINFO status with no change in 30 days the QA team will close the bug as INVALID due to lack of needed information.
For more information about our NEEDINFO policy please read the wiki located here:
If you have already provided the requested information, please mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED so that the QA team knows that the bug is ready to be confirmed.
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
It is possible this is a duplicate of bug 49043, which has seen some flaky performance of this facility in recent series. The provided link:
... works as expected under GNU/Linux using:
- v220.127.116.11 Build ID: 40ff705089295be5be0aae9b15123f687c05b0a
- v18.104.22.168 Build ID: 3fd416d4c6db7d3204c17ce57a1d70f6e531ee21
- v22.214.171.124 Build ID: 958349dc3b25111dbca392fbc281a05559ef6848
- v126.96.36.199.alpha0+ Build ID: 652b807658a54cd2ccd04ebc6900d2cf1ce85015 TinderBox: Linux-rpm_deb-x86_64@46-TDF, Branch:master, Time: 2014-09-05_01:32:46
After inserting link to external data, save file > close file > re-open file > prompt for link update > links are updated as expected in all cases.
Dear Bug Submitter,
Please read this message in its entirety before proceeding.
Your bug report is being closed as INVALID due to inactivity and a lack of information which is needed in order to accurately reproduce and confirm the problem. We encourage you to retest your bug against the latest release. If the issue is still present in the latest stable release, we need the following information (please ignore any that you've already provided):
a) Provide details of your system including your operating system and the latest version of LibreOffice that you have confirmed the bug to be present
b) Provide easy to reproduce steps – the simpler the better
c) Provide any test case(s) which will help us confirm the problem
d) Provide screenshots of the problem if you think it might help
e) Read all comments and provide any requested information
Once all of this is done, please set the bug back to UNCONFIRMED and we will attempt to reproduce the issue.
Please do not:
a) respond via email
b) update the version field in the bug or any of the other details on the top section of FDO
Message generated on: 2015-02-11