I open with Impress a ppt file which contain a table linked to an excel sheet.
I can see correctly the table on the screen but if I try to print or export it as PDF it loose data in the table.
The table is managed in LO like an image (the link is lost) but since we use a lot of presentation to show company data on momthly basis it is impossible to print any reliable data.
Tested on Windows 7 PRO sp1 32bit and Windows Enterprise 64bit.LO version 18.104.22.168 ;22.214.171.124 ;126.96.36.199;188.8.131.52;184.108.40.206
Test with Debian stable (LO 3.5) print and export are OK.
Same behaviour if we save the file as ODP.
Created attachment 92998 [details]
ppt file with linked xls table
same issue if we use pptx and xlsx (so MSO2010 files)
Created attachment 93000 [details]
xls with the table linked in the ppt slide
Confirm the issue with printing and PDF export of DOC/DOCX documents with Calc table in it
1) Create new Text Document
2) Copy/Paste table from Calc
3) Save document in DOC or DOCX format
4) Close document
5) Open document
6) Try to print or make PDF export
Operation takes too long (LibO freezes for couple of minutes)
Tables are exported as images
Printed or exported document get broken (some borders and/or text is missing)
LibO version: 3.6 - 4.3 RC1
LibO 3.5, OpenOffice 4.1.0, Symphony 3.0.1 are making correct export to PDF and printing
Tested on Windows 7 SP1 x64 and Windows XP SP3
Created attachment 101341 [details]
Test document with Calc table
Created attachment 101342 [details]
Exported PDF from LibO 3.6
Created attachment 101343 [details]
Exported PDF from LibO 4.0
Created attachment 101344 [details]
Exported PDF from LibO 4.3 RC1
Created attachment 101345 [details]
Exported PDF from LibO 3.5
Created attachment 101346 [details]
Exported PDF from OO 4.1
LibO 4.3 RC3
Created attachment 103016 [details]
Exported PDF from LibO 4.3 RC3
edited summary notes and set status as NEW because of independent confirmation by Eugene.
please, tell me the very first version the bug is reproducible with.
is 220.127.116.11 ?
No. I can reproduce the issue with LibO 18.104.22.168
Thanks. I update version field. Is should ALWAYS indicate the FIRST version where the bug appeared.
Issue still here
LibO 22.214.171.124beta1 not fixed yet
** Please read this message in its entirety before responding **
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present on a currently supported version of LibreOffice
(5.1.5 or 5.2.1 https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the version of LibreOffice and
your operating system, and any changes you see in the bug behavior
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave
a short comment that includes your version of LibreOffice and Operating System
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3)
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to "inherited from OOo";
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add "regression" to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
The last good version is 126.96.36.199
The first affected version is 188.8.131.52
Issue still present in latest 184.108.40.206
I can't reproduce it in
Build ID: 18b3138a7ac4da823e41640bed8a4707029b8fb0
CPU Threads: 4; OS Version: Linux 4.8; UI Render: default; VCL: gtk2;
Locale: ca-ES (ca_ES.UTF-8); Calc: group
Probably only happening in Windows. Can someone confirm it's still reproducible in master?
Gianmarco's PPT exports OK
- with 3.5 on Linux (Gianmarco's test)
- with 5.4 on Linux (my test)
Gianmarco's PPT exports badly (only top left corner)
- with 220.127.116.11 on Linux (my test)
- with 5.4 on Windows (my test)
Eugene's DOC exports OK
- with 3.3 on Linux (my test)
- with 5.4 on Linux (my test)
Eugene's DOC exports badly
- with 18.104.22.168 on Linux (my test) (nothing)
- with 5.4 on Windows (my test) (only top 4 rows have content)
So all in all, Gianmarco's and Eugene's issue seem to have the same root cause and this *should* be bibisectable as it has worked on Linux in the bibisect range.
Changing OS to all, even though Linux is OK now with master.
Arch Linux 64-bit, KDE Plasma 5
Build ID: db9aec4520766c87a09d4cb0238ed06ebaeaaeeb
CPU Threads: 8; OS Version: Linux 4.8; UI Render: default; VCL: kde4;
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI.UTF-8); Calc: group
Built on December 18th 2016
Build ID: 53edf60c4ce6ed32f87471e018878c40b788005a
CPU Threads: 4; OS Version: Windows 6.19; UI Render: default;
TinderBox: Win-x86@39, Branch:master, Time: 2016-12-18_07:01:05
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI); Calc: group
Arch Linux 64-bit
Arch Linux 64-bit
Version 22.214.171.124 (Build ID: e183d5b)