If you try to highlight a small piece of text in Libreoffice 22.214.171.124 then you save in .doc (compatible with 97/xp/2003)and later on you open the same files with word 2010 or 2013 you are not able to remove the highlighting on the same part of text. You are forced to change color but it's impossible to set that part of text with no highlighting.
Steps to reproduce:
1. run LibreofficeWriter,
2. write a small text
3. select the text you wrote
4. highlight in yellow or other colors the text your wrote
5. save the file in .doc format
6. Open Word 2010 or 2013
7. select the text you wrote
8. Try to take out the highlighing and you will see that is not possible. You can change the color of the highlighting text but is not possible to totally take out the highlighting to that text
it's impossible to take out highlighted text in word 2010 or 2013 if you have higlighted that text in libreoffice
Open Microsfot word 2010 or 2013 and taking out the highlighted text
Operating System: Windows 7
Version: 126.96.36.199 release
Thanks for reporting!
Looks like a dupe of bug 64490 though. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 64490 ***