I can only reproduce this on OSX and LO 18.104.22.168
1) Open a simple ODT file (text only, no images or other objects, just a page footer with inserted page number field) from an external FAT USB connected drive.
2) Make some changes to the file.
3) Save As...with a new file name to the external storage.
4) Make some more changes
5) Attempt to save changes, random failure to save, provoking error message about IO.
6) Close file, ignore message to resave file.
7) Attempt to re-open file in LO - fails to open, General IO error message.
File is corrupt, it can neither be opened in any version of LO, nor inspected by zip/unzip.
Attempting to copy file via Finder from external storage to Desktop provokes an error (-36) that the file is incomplete.
This is a regression over 22.214.171.124. So far, I did not see the problem on 126.96.36.199 either.
The file is currently a privileged attorney work product, so it won't be posted here.
Note that the problem never occurs when the file is read/written to internal hard disk storage.
This sounds horrible.
(In reply to comment #3)
> This sounds horrible.
Yes, it is so bad, I have gone back to 4.1.6, where this doesn't happen.
are you still reproducing this bug with LibO 188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206?
(In reply to Alex Thurgood from comment #1)
> This is a regression over 220.127.116.11. So far, I did not see the problem on
> 18.104.22.168 either.
Can you reproduce this on a different machine and/or different USB drive? It would be helpful to eliminate hardware problems.
> 1) Open a simple ODT file (text only, no images or other objects, just a
> page footer with inserted page number field)
> The file is currently a privileged attorney work product, so it won't be
> posted here.
If the test case is a 'simple ODT file', can you reproduce the behavior by creating a new (non-privileged) file?
wfm in LO 4341, closing as resolved wfm