Bug 81738 - Spell checking has stopped working
Summary: Spell checking has stopped working
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 81511
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Linguistic (show other bugs)
(earliest affected) rc
Hardware: x86-64 (AMD64) Windows (All)
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
Depends on:
Reported: 2014-07-25 10:09 UTC by Kriton Kyrimis
Modified: 2014-07-25 13:56 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Kriton Kyrimis 2014-07-25 10:09:09 UTC
After upgrading to LibreOffice 4.3.0 RC3, spell checking seems to have stopped working. Every word I type is underlined as misspelled, with no suggestions as to what the correct word is, regardless of whether the world is spelled correctly or incorrectly. I editing English and Greek documents, and whenever I change the input method, LibreOffice deduces the language of the typed text correctly, but flags both English and Greek text as misspelled.

With LibreOffice 4.3.0 RC2, spell checking works fine, so this must be a regression with RC3. (I switched back and forth a few times, just to verify this.)

I am using the English version of LibreOffice, with this Greek dictionary:

I am running 64-bit Windows 8.1. The OS display Language is English, with Greek format settings.
Comment 1 manj_k 2014-07-25 13:56:18 UTC
Thanks, already reported as Bug 81511 - CONFIGURATION: dictionary is missing as all words are suspect when checking.

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 81511 ***