If you open attachment 103808 [details] with the sidebar open and the unit is in points, it shows 176.0pt rather than 5.0pt. This effects master and 4.3 daily and 4.2.6.
Build ID: c91e045c12ac5dffc20c04c6f97db4892c1e558d
TinderBox: Linux-rpm_deb-x86@45-TDF, Branch:master, Time: 2014-10-31_01:07:08
@Jay: You mean 10.0 pt instead of 5.0 pt?
Reproducible with LO 188.8.131.52, Win 8.1
1. Open WRITER
2. Assure that the Sidebar is open and visible
If it is not the case: If it is only hidden, click on the button in the middle in the frame in the far right. If it is not shown, then go to VIEW -> SIDEBAR
3. Go to TOOLS -> OPTIONS -> section LIBREOFFICE WRITER -> subsection GENERAL and assure that as Measurement Unit "Point" is selected, otherwise select it as Measurement Unit
4. Close WRITER
5. Open the attachment of this bug report from the Windows Explorer
6. Take a look at the PROPERTIES sidebar at the right and check the Above and Below Paragraph values
Interim Result: The paragraph values show 176.0 pt.
7. Go to TOOLS -> OPTIONS -> section LIBREOFFICE WRITER -> subsection GENERAL and select "Centrimetre" as Measurement Unit and click OK
Interim Result: The paragraph values show now 1.00 cm.
8. Go again to TOOLS -> OPTIONS -> section LIBREOFFICE WRITER -> subsection GENERAL and select "Point" as Measurement Unit and click OK
Result: The paragraph values show now 10.0 pt.
Isn't it a variation of Bug 68806 and/or Bug 80028?
(And BTW I have a working patch for those issues for quite some time, but didn't push it because I wasn't sure it's the correct/best solution. Maybe I'll look into this sometime in the near future.)
Thanks Maxim. It could really be linked to bug 68806. If I go to FORMAT -> PARAGRAPH -> tab INDENTS & SPACING then I see there 5.0 pt and now I know where Jay had the 5.0 pt. But why do I have a difference with 10 pt in the Sidebar if I change the Measurement Unit?
If I take the attachment from bug 68806 then I have there in the Sidebar again 10 pt after changing to Centimetre and back to Point which is also not the same as in FORMAT -> PARAGRAPH.
That is really weird.
Maybe there are two buggy issues?
One regarding differences in the Sidebar and in FORMAT -> PARAGRAPH.
And one regarding differences after changing the measurement units.
Maxim, what do you think? Are there two bugs or is this one which would be solved with your patch?
Yes i guess its a duplicate of bug 68806, while bug 80028 is about it showing one value in the paragraph dialog and a different/incorrect value in the sidebar.
(In reply to Jay Philips from comment #4)
> Yes i guess its a duplicate of bug 68806,
So let's mark it as such.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 68806 ***