When we print a Writer document with database fields, it asks: "Your document contains address database fields. Do you want to print a form letter?"
But, when we export PDF, it doesn't ask anything and prints a simple PDF without address database fields, just with <name> tags.
Export PDF of a document with database fields should also invoke the question: "Your document contains address database fields. Do you want to export a form letter?"
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open new Writer document
2. Turn on View-Data Sources
3. From built-in Bibliography data source with 20 records, add Author field to the document on the 1st page
- OR use attached https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=110046 -
4. Choose File-Export as PDF to export document with database fields (20 copies)
5. You will not get a dialog "Do you want to print a form letter?" so it will export just one copy with <Author> instead of 20 copies with author names from address database fields.
There is a workaround: to print to file and then choose PDF.
But, it's not so obvious so the bug should be resolved.
Sounds reasonable -> NEW.
Adding self to CC if not already on
As in Bug 86672 I'll transfer to UX.
We're replacing our use of the 'ux-advise' component with a keyword:
Component -> LibreOffice
Add Keyword: needsUXEval
I agree with Timur that export to PDF should be handled like "exporting" to the printer. So this ticket is an ordinary bug. Removing UX.
(Sorry for the long delay.)
Please add keyword 'needsUXEval' and CC 'firstname.lastname@example.org' if input from UX is needed.