When we print a Writer document with database fields, it asks: "Your document contains address database fields. Do you want to print a form letter?"
But, when we export PDF, it doesn't ask anything and prints a simple PDF without address database fields, just with <name> tags.
Export PDF of a document with database fields should also invoke the question: "Your document contains address database fields. Do you want to export a form letter?"
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open new Writer document
2. Turn on View-Data Sources
3. From built-in Bibliography data source with 20 records, add Author field to the document on the 1st page
- OR use attached https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=110046 -
4. Choose File-Export as PDF to export document with database fields (20 copies)
5. You will not get a dialog "Do you want to print a form letter?" so it will export just one copy with <Author> instead of 20 copies with author names from address database fields.
There is a workaround: to print to file and then choose PDF.
But, it's not so obvious so the bug should be resolved.
Sounds reasonable -> NEW.
Adding self to CC if not already on
As in Bug 86672 I'll transfer to UX.
We're replacing our use of the 'ux-advise' component with a keyword:
Component -> LibreOffice
Add Keyword: needsUXEval
I agree with Timur that export to PDF should be handled like "exporting" to the printer. So this ticket is an ordinary bug. Removing UX.
(Sorry for the long delay.)