1. Open Calc document A, which contains formatting.
2. Open new or used Calc document B, which either does or doesn't contain formatting.
3. Select cell or column in calc document A.
4. Click paintbrush tool
5. Observe that in document A, the paintbucket cursor is visible over cells that you hover over.
6. Change windows (using OS) to document B.
7. Observe that in document B, the paintbucket cursor is NOT visible over cells that you hover over.
8. Clicking in document B has no effect.
Expected behavior: Be able to paint format in document B just as one can in document A.
I note that Excel does permit copying formatting from one document to another using the paint format tool.
I can confirm, setting as enhancement.
I can also confirm - setting to NEW