May be related to https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=52461
Entire row(s)/column(s) in formula do have a syntax colours.
1. In cell A1 enter: =MAX(B1:B3)+MIN(B1:B3)
2. In cell A2 enter: =MAX(B:B)-MIN(B:B)
3. In cell A3 enter: =MAX($B:D)-MIN(B:$D)
4. Click on cell A1 and press F2. B1:B3 in both formulae are blue (as they represent the same range)
5. Click on cell A2 and press F2. B:B in both formulae have *not* changed from black. They probably should both be in blue as they are the same range.
6. Click on cell A3 and press F2. $B:D and B:$D have *not* changed from black. They probably should both be in blue as they are the same range (even though they have absolute and relative references).
P.S. colour aka color :)
Build ID: 4fff776a08dd92121ab507a1ab506ac945abaedb
TinderBox: Win-x86@62-merge-TDF, Branch:MASTER, Time: 2015-06-28_00:25:54
Locale: en-AU (en_AU)
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 92426 ***