Version: 220.127.116.11 (x64)
Build ID: f79b5ba13f5e6cbad23f8038060e556217e66632
1. Open LibreOffice Calc
2. In cell A2 enter: =SUM($B2:B1048573)
3. Select rows 4 to 14
4. Right click on any row heading from 4 to 14
5. Insert Rows Above
6. Formula in cell A2 shows: =SUM($B2:B#REF!)
Expected formula in cell A2: =SUM($B2:B1048576)
Unfortunately, bug also occurs when entering columns which exceed column limit.
May relate to bug 92751
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 92751 ***
Thank you Eike for your comment.
Perhaps LibreOffice (LO) documentation user documentation could state that:
1. LO Calc operates differently to MS Excel as it does not check to ensure that the upper bound of a range is at most the maximum row/column of a spreadsheet and if the value exceeds the maximum bound automatic convert the upper range to the maximum row/column value; and
2. LO Calc produces an #REF! error, while MS Excel automatically ensures the upper bound of a range never exceeds the maximum row/column.
Fix in bug 92779 incorporates this bug. Thank you
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 92779 ***