With the 64-Bit Version of LibreOffice (reproduced with 64-Bit LO 188.8.131.52) it is not possitble to digitally sign documents.
Workflow (see attached Screenshots Step-[n]):
1. trying to sign the document, the "Digital Signatures" dialog comes up (see Step-1.jpg)
2. pressing "sign document" button (see Step-1.jpg)
3. the "choose certificate" dialog comes up with (correct) all availible certificates (see Step-2.jpg)
4. choosing a certificate (e.g. the first one, see Step-2.jpg) and pressing ok.
5. the Windows CryptoAPI Dialog comes up (correct), see Step-3.jpg
6. After confirming access to the certificate storage (with ok button) just nothing happens
--- this is the bug ---
7. There is still the open "Digital Signatures" dialog (see Step-1.jpg) with no signature inside.
In the 32-Bit Version of Libre Office this works fine, the document is signed and in "7." you can see an entry with the choosen certificate Signature in Step-1.jpg
Created attachment 119447 [details]
Step-1.jpg, dialog for [Step #1], see description
Created attachment 119448 [details]
Step-2.jpg, dialog for [Step #2], see description
Created attachment 119449 [details]
Step-3.jpg, dialog for [Step #3], see description
It is enough to mention the bitness in the description or summary like you now have.
Reverting version change. It is earliest affected.
Reproduce in LibreOffice 184.108.40.206.
Version: 220.127.116.11 (x64)
Build ID: f99d75f39f1c57ebdd7ffc5f42867c12031db97a
CPU Threads: 8; OS Version: Windows 6.1; UI Render: default;
Locale: zh-CN (zh_CN)
And when using 64bit LibreOffice open a file has Signatured it shows:
The digitally signed document content and/or macros do not match the current document signature.
This could be the result of document manipulation or of structural document damage due to data transmission.
We recommend that you do not trust the content of the current document.
Execution of macros is disabled for this document.
Build ID: 3c2231d4aa4c68281f28ad35a100c092cff84f5d
CPU Threads: 8; OS Version: Windows 6.2; UI Render: default;
Locale: zh-CN (zh_CN); Calc: single
Now, LibreOffice 5.2.0 and 5.2.2 32bit cannot sign documnet either.
LibreOffice 5.2 is EOL now.
Does the bug still exist in 5.3 or 5.4?
*** Bug 102276 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
(In reply to Samuel Mehrbrodt (CIB) from comment #8)
> LibreOffice 5.2 is EOL now.
> Does the bug still exist in 5.3 or 5.4?
I can use digital signatures on Windows 10 64 bits with LibreOffice 18.104.22.168
So resolve as WorksForMe.
Oliver, if you still have problems in the new versions, feel free to reopen with details as much as possible :)
Digital signing doesn't work in 64 bit LibreOffice 22.214.171.124. Behaviour is as described by Oliver.
Digital signing doesn't work in 64 bit LibreOffice 126.96.36.199 in Windows 10. Behaviour is as described by Oliver.