Created attachment 122931 [details]
Example of the "hyperlinks"
I'm using Mac OS X El Capitan and not tested elsewhere.
When entering URL in a cell in Calc, after hitting enter it automatically turns into a hyperlink. This is a style of hyperlink with a grey background and blue text.
Several problems now exist:
1. Hitting CTRL+Z does not undo the auto-hyperlink, rather, it actually removes the entire text. Seems the auto linking is not considered an undoable action and it should be.
2. You can no longer select the cell. Clicking the cell does nothing and keeps the current cell selected - it does not change selection to the clicked cell - it seems the hyperlink steals the click but because you did not Command+Click it does not open anything either, so nothing happens
3. If you use arrow keys to move the cell selection to a cell with a hyperlink (which is the only way to highlight it), you cannot edit the hyperlink text, it appears like a single block inside the text that cannot be modified within it.
4. Also, if you select with arrow keys, and then you RIGHT-CLICK the hyperlink in the formula bar (not in the cell), the text in the cell itself loses its highlighting and style. If you then click on another cell elsewhere, the hyperlink is now gone! Just by right-clicking!
5. An even worse right-click issue is after you right-click it, the cursor is in formula bar at the start and the highlighting in the cell is vanished - if you now move the cursor to after the hyperlink in the formula bar and start typing, your text appears in-between the first and second characters in the cell! So the formula bar becomes completely out of sync with the cell itself.
6. More issues too. If the hyperlink itself overflows into the next column, if you right-click the part of the hyperlink in the cell that overflows into the next column, context menu appears, and if you then cancel context menu by clicking anywhere else such as on another cell, the column underneath it now gets focus and the cell is entered and the text carrot appears. This does not happen anywhere else which is annoying. Normally if you right-click a cell and then cancel the right-click, the cell you right-click just gets focus, it doesn't show the carrot. Similar thing happens when you right-click the hyperlink cell itself, on cancelling context menu by clicking elsewhere you find yourself with text cursor inside it at end of hyperlink.
7. There should be a remove hyperlink on the context menu either way when you right-click a hyperlink.
I've had a nightmare with this where I've been needing to copy paste URLs and modify the stems.
I've attached a file showing two hyperlinks automatically created by entering URLs. (I'm actually wondering if these are even hyperlinks though... as it's so badly broken and they don't LOOK like I would expect hyperlinks to look with blue text and underline... Unless the styling is a point 8?)
Sending over to UX-advise. Can you guys dream us a better hyperlink future?
Build ID: 4d49c9601c9b3e26a336e08e057d299895683480
Threads CPU : 2; Version de l'OS :Mac OS X 10.11.5; UI Render : par défaut;
Locale : fr-FR (fr.UTF-8)
I also encountered an immediate crash with my master build when right mouse button clicking in the Formula edit zone, will have to see whether reproducible.
We're replacing our use of the 'ux-advise' component with a keyword:
Component -> LibreOffice
Add Keyword: needsUXEval
Confirmed to still be a bug in LO 126.96.36.199 on Ubuntu 17.04
Right-clicking and selecting "Clear Direct Formatting" does nothing.
Definitely something that should be solved. Some options:
#1 Clear direct formatting also removes the hyperlink (should be effective everywhere, also in Writer)
#2 Extra option "Remove Hyperlink" via context menu as known in Writer (and how Excel works)
#3 Make the string editable and remove the hyperlink when it's changed
#4 Do not automatically make the input an hyperlink (wouldn't recommend this)
In Writer as well [v.188.8.131.52 (x64)] the only way to remove the hyperlink seems to be to clear formatting. (don't know about auto-formatting.)
A few improvements have been made in 6.4:
* Remove Hyperlink context menu has been added
* Cell is clickable even if it contains a hyperlink
* few more fixes
So I will close this bug. Please test again with recent master and report a *separate* bug for each problem you encounter.