1. Open Impress (new document, but not necessarily).
2. Make sure sidebar is visible and no object on the slide is selected, so that slide layout sidebar panel is shown
=> notice the layout of the current slide is highlighted/selected in the sidebar panel
3. Now go to the new menu Slide > Slide Layout and pick a different layout
=> notice the slide layout itself changes, but the value selected in the sidebar panel remains the same. I'd expect it to change as well.
=> additionally, given that those slide layouts are mutually exclusive, maybe they could be presented as radio buttons in the menu ... but that's a matter of taste
I can confirm with Version: 18.104.22.168.alpha0+
Build ID: ef34535ceb60d7d63b8d8671e4c6e9e43ffbd17d
CPU Threads: 4; OS Version: Linux 4.2; UI Render: default;
TinderBox: Linux-rpm_deb-x86_64@70-TDF, Branch:master, Time: 2016-03-27_09:53:05
*** Bug 107365 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 109252 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
- Select item inside control when we receive EventMultiplexerEventId::ShapeXXX events, while in some cases we do not receive EventMultiplexerEventId::CurrentPageChanged event. EventMultiplexerEventId::CurrentPageChanged is received only when current focus is set inside main slide view (but not inside slide selection or any other side bars).
- Do not re-select the same item inside the control "layout of the slide".
Serge Krot committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
tdf#98980 Update selection inside control when new slide layout is selected
It will be available in 6.0.0.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
Added UI unit test:
But this unit test not finished, while there are difficulties to access control inside panel (to get actually selected layout of the slide).
Katarina Behrens (CIB): This is tough as sidebar panel as implemented in sfx2 has absolutely no knowledge of underlying UI structures. Or at least didn't have, last time I checked.
Hi Serge Krot,
Should the summary of this bug be updated to reflect what's missing wrt the original issue?
Left to do:
- Add unit test