Something has changes in all internal organisation of drawing-objects in Writer. So unfortunatly sometimes it is not possible to work with it.
Automatic name of the object is not changeable. This is ok but libreOffice do not use differnt names when copying the object.
- open an new writer doc
- create a drawing object (i.e. a square). Object will be placed in document and get an automatic Name (form1) - name is visible in navigator. By double-Click on the objectname the object is selected.
- now select the object - copy and paste it (crtl + c - crtl + v - you can even use the menu-entries).
- now you have two iditical objects, but the have now both the object name "form1" so it is not longer possibel to select a form using the navigator - all objects with the same name will be selected as a group! strange behavieour.
Well, this may not be a big problem, but using 20 or 30 similar objects - something going wrong.
nearly unusable this behaviour will occur, when placing the object (anker) in footer or header line.
- create the object - it will be ankered in main text area.
- use cut an copy to anker object in header area. now place object outside of the header area (using mouse) - important: anker should be stay in header-line!- so object will be displayed on every page.
- now try to access the object again. With the mouse it is impossible! Only way is the navigator.
- if you now have copied this object and so you do have same object names you only have chaos.
Solution should be:
- every new object should get a new name - even if it is createt by copy and paste!
- add a posibility to change name of objects
- there must be an easier way to access an object, which is ankered in header/footer line. Mouseklick should be possible
Naming of the object is in menu Format, the description is there too. You can customize the context menu of shapes and add the command "Name" (=.uno:NameGroup) from category "Format". The request to return both to the context menu as default is already in bug 101193.
To access an object, which is anchored to a paragraph or character in the header or footer, use Ctrl+Click. But the behavior is inconsistent, because sometimes a single click on such object works and sometimes not. That is bug 87269, which was closed as "worksforme". But see also bug 50195 and bug 97387 and bug 64418 with similar topic.
The automatic naming is a problem, because indeed the navigator selects both. But in contrast to draw:id and xml:id the attribute draw:name need not be unique.
I see the further problem, that after selecting a shape, this is not selected in the navigator, so that the user does not know, which shape he has selected.
I will not set this issue to "new", because an issue should focus on only one problem. Therefore this issue should be split into several reports.
As Regina mentioned in comment 1, please report each problem as a different bugs.
Setting to NEEDINFO
Dear Bug Submitter,
This bug has been in NEEDINFO status with no change for at least
6 months. Please provide the requested information as soon as
possible and mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED. Due to regular bug
tracker maintenance, if the bug is still in NEEDINFO status with
no change in 30 days the QA team will close the bug as INSUFFICIENTDATA
due to lack of needed information.
For more information about our NEEDINFO policy please read the
wiki located here:
If you have already provided the requested information, please
mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED so that the QA team knows that the
bug is ready to be confirmed.
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
So let us take this bug report for the problem, that copy&paste does not generate a new name for the copied object. Because the Navigator uses the name to differ the objects, the name should be unique. Especially for objects in background and in header/footer the Navigator is the best tool to access the objects, a unique name should be generated.
The problem still exists in Version: 18.104.22.168.alpha0+
Build ID: 6c68f38bc28bb55a4f0d53b8f38957516d3935d1
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.1; UI render: default;
TinderBox: Win-x86@62-TDF, Branch:MASTER, Time: 2017-09-04_22:05:26
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); Calc: group
** Please read this message in its entirety before responding **
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
The problem of duplicate auto-generated names still exists in Version: 22.214.171.124.alpha0+ (x64)
Build ID: efe119aaa50e9f532b3fac1ef153469c80f24b80
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: GL;
TinderBox: Win-x86_64@42, Branch:master, Time: 2018-09-10_01:36:26
Locale: de-DE (en_US); Calc: CL
Everything described in point 1 and 2 is working good, today.
(ad 1) Copying makes new unique names in navigator.
(ad 2) Copying to te header is ok. Also cuting from header to body of the page and it change anchor to the page with the object.
Version: 126.96.36.199.alpha0+ (x64)
Build ID: a63caf49958b40e33e0d7aaedbe6424f78ecdc46
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19042; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: cs-CZ (cs_CZ); UI: en-US
Also fixed in
Build ID: 9bc848cf0d301aa57eabcffa101a1cf87bad6470
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.7; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US