Created attachment 137110 [details]
Test file demonstrating the bug (from bug 84703)
1. Download the attached document
2. Make the document read-only (chmod a-w)
3. Open the read-only document => notice the navigator is open
4. Click "Edit document" in the "info bar"
5. Notice the navigator content is painted over the sidebar
Interacting with the "mixed navi-sidebar" shows it actually is the sidebar. Since the navigator is painted with delay, someone probably doesn't check for the navigators "hidden status" when painting.
The sidebar is first painted and the "navigator content" a bit later with a noticeable (small) delay on Linux and Windows.
it seems like a dupe of bug 104229
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 104229 ***