As I am a French guy, perhaps some of my sentences could be not clear enough.
Sorry for the trouble
I tried to create a pdf form by using LO Writer Version: 18.104.22.168 (x64)
1- save a .odt file
2- export the file as a pdf form, option send fdf
3- open the created pdf form with Adobe Reader DC 2018.011.20038
4- display properties of file, 'font' tab : several fonts are listed.
a- variants of the Trebuchet font I have chosen
The trouble and possible bug is that
1- Neither of these two fonts : Helvetica and ZapfDingbats were used by me in the original .odt file.
2- I verified this by exporting the same document to pdf, but without including any form type (text box or else). The fonts displayed by Adobe Reader were only variants of Trebuchet
3- The most strange is that the Helvetica font is not installed on my computer
I discover this as at some steps of the building of this new form, the pdf became unreadable : all characters appears as small squares ! Due to the presence of Helvetica, I presume
So it seems to me that :
- creating text box or else in a .odt file + exporting to pdf form
==> adds unwanted fonts Helvetica and ZapfDingbats
==> can create unreadable pdf forms
Thank you for all the good work done.
Especially the ability to create these very useful pdf forms
[I did this work for an association where I am a volunteer]
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Create a form with LO Writer, using only one type of font (Trebuchet in my case)
2.Export this form to pdf
3.Display included fonts in the pdf
Helvetica and ZapfDingbats are added
Only original font used should appear
User Profile Reset: No
Version: 22.214.171.124 (x64)
Build ID: 9b0d9b32d5dcda91d2f1a96dc04c645c450872bf
Threads CPU : 4; OS : Windows 10.0; UI Render : par défaut;
Locale : fr-FR (fr_FR); Calc: group
OS : W10 x64 1803
I don't know whether the same issue occurs or not with older versions of LO Writer
Jean, is it possible to add your .odt file? I couldn't reproduce it with an own file.
Created attachment 143341 [details]
Reproducible document 1
Created attachment 143342 [details]
Reproducible document 2
I can reproduce this bug.
1. load any of the reproducible document
2. File->Export As->Export as PDF
3. In the PDF Options dialog, Check "Create PDF Form". This is very important.
4. Click Export
Created attachment 143353 [details]
Created attachment 143354 [details]
At least on my PC, I cannot see Helvetica nor ZapfDingbats in pdf.
and I believe this is because the odt file did contain neither radio buttons, checkboxes, nor push button. the odt file is just using text box.
I cannot see Helvetica nor ZapfDingbats in Jean's pdf.
Created attachment 143375 [details]
Properties/Font tab of pdf
You will find attached a screen copy of the properties/font tab of the above pdf simplified form (Original-test-document) showing Helvetica and ZapfDingbats embedded.
Created attachment 143376 [details]
Non form pdf Properties/Font tab
You will find attached a screen copy of the properties/font tab of the pdf created as a standard pdf from the Original-odt-test-document. This picture shows that there is only Trebuchet font included, but no Helvetica or ZapfDingbats embedded.
It seems to me that only the export as a form adds these two fonts.
resetting to UNCONFIRMED
Created attachment 143387 [details]
pdf form properties
You will find here attached a screen copy of the pdf form created with the original-odt-test-document.
Showing that Helvetica and ZapfDingbats are present in the pdf file.
I don't understand why the status has been changed to unconfirmed as I sent properties/Font copy showing Helvetica and ZapfDingbats in the pdf form
Can you please explain me ?
PS : sorry, I didn't view my 2 previous comments and thought that they were not sent.
(In reply to jean.francois.taste from comment #14)
> I don't understand why the status has been changed to unconfirmed as I sent
> properties/Font copy showing Helvetica and ZapfDingbats in the pdf form
> Can you please explain me ?
> PS : sorry, I didn't view my 2 previous comments and thought that they were
> not sent.
The bug should be confirmed by another person than the reporter for the NEW status, and I first set to NEW status as such a person, thinking I was able to reproduce the bug myself by placing either checkbox, radio buttons, push buttons and take a look at the produced pdfs with my PDF-XChange. I thought those are the only controls that reproduces the situation with the source code pointer in comment 5
However, as given in comment 9 and in your attachements, later it turned out that you were able to reproduce the bug even without those controls. Here I came to think that what I'm seeing is not necessarily from the same cause as yours. That's why I set back to UNCONFIRMED status.
I was able to reproduce thedescribed behaviour with attachment 143354 [details] from comment 7 (there was some Colibiri Font within the document so first I changed all to Trebuchet MS). I'm no expert in PDFExport, but I change the status to NEW, that means, that it is reproducible.
*** Bug 122657 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***