Created attachment 143467 [details]
The document showcasing the issue described in the bugreport.
This is a track changed document with three numbered paragraphs and one regular paragraph in between the second and third paragraph. The document was originally created in Microsoft Word. If we accept all changes we get:
- 3 numbered paragraphs in Microsoft Word.
- 4 numbered paragraphs in LibreOffice Writer.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new document in Microsoft Word with three random paragraphs.
2. Select all three paragraphs and turn on numbering.
3. Add a new paragraph to the end of the second paragraph, and then remove the numbering by pressing backspace at the first character of the empty paragraph.
4. Save the document as DOCX.
5. Turn on change tracking.
6. Select the second numbered paragraph by clicking on it three times. DO not select the empty, not numbered paragraph!
7. Copy the selected paragraph to the clipboard: Ctrl+C
8. Delete the selected paragraph by pressing the Del button – do not use Ctrl+X (cut), because that would trigger a different known bug!
9. Move the cursor to the beginning of the originally third (now just second) numbered paragraph, and press Ctrl+V to paste the deleted paragraph from the clipboard. You should see two numbered paragraph beginning with “2.”, one deleted and one inserted.
10. Save the document as DOCX, but do not close it yet.
11. Create a copy of the DOCX file, and open it in LibreOffice Writer.
12. Accept all changes both in Microsoft Word and LibreOffice Writer. Compare the resulting documents.
Accepting the tracked changes in results 3 numbered paragraphs in Microsoft Word, and 4 numbered paragraphs in LibreOffice Writer, the second being the empty, originally not numbered paragraph. The originally not numbered paragraph stays so in Microsoft Word.
Accepting the tracked changes in LibreOffice Writer should result a document consistent what we see in Microsoft Word.
Build ID: bb1d5780226bb1b9156580972eea9aa849178742
CPU threads: 1; OS: Windows 6.1; UI render: default;
TinderBox: Win-x86@42, Branch:master, Time: 2018-07-03_05:56:48
Locale: hu-HU (hu_HU); Calc: group threaded
Created attachment 143468 [details]
Screenshot showing the document both in Word and Writer side by side before accepting the changes.
Created attachment 143469 [details]
Screenshot showing the document both in Word and Writer side by side after accepting the changes.
Setting to new, was found by a member of my team.
László Németh committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
tdf#118699 DOCX import: don't add numbering
It will be available in 6.3.0.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
*** Bug 121621 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***