This bug was filed from the crash reporting server and is br-74b70586-6f90-47da-9efe-46e5febdb317.
Configuration error - using Extension Manager|Check for Updates button caused Writer to crash
Thanks for reporting the issue?
Did it happen just once or is it happening every time you go to the Check for Updates dialog?
I have just tested with an empty document and it has happened again.
Is it possible to give a list of installed extensions (with version number). Excluding the default dictionary's?
French spelling dictionary 6.3 dicollecte.org
German spelling dictionary 2017.01.12
Scottish Gaelic spell checker 3.3
Solver for Nonlinear Programming 0.9
Wiki Publisher 1.2.0
Somehow similar to bug 118572
Might be interesting to install 6.2 and those extensions to it and try if it still crashes: https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/Win-x86_64@42/current/
(In reply to Buovjaga from comment #6)
> Somehow similar to bug 118572
> Might be interesting to install 6.2 and those extensions to it and try if it
> still crashes
=> I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO'. Please change it back to 'UNCONFIRMED' if the bug is still present in the latest version. Change to RESOLVED WORKSFORME, if the problem went away.
I have just upgraded to 22.214.171.124 and the bug still exists.
(In reply to gorsewood from comment #8)
> I have just upgraded to 126.96.36.199 and the bug still exists.
Actuially bug 118572 is only fixed in 188.8.131.52. So please try this version. => NEEDINFO
(In reply to Dieter Praas from comment #9)
> (In reply to gorsewood from comment #8)
> > I have just upgraded to 184.108.40.206 and the bug still exists.
> Actuially bug 118572 is only fixed in 220.127.116.11. So please try this version.
> => NEEDINFO
To be certain the reported issue is not
related to corruption in the user profile, could you please reset your
Libreoffice profile ( https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile ) and
I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO'. Please change it back to
'UNCONFIRMED' if the issue is still present
(In reply to Xisco Faulí from comment #11)
> To be certain the reported issue is not
> related to corruption in the user profile, could you please reset your
> Libreoffice profile ( https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile ) and
> I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO'. Please change it back to
> 'UNCONFIRMED' if the issue is still present
I have followed the instructions for resetting my user profile and that has cleared the problem. Thank you.
Nice to know.
Closing as RESOLVED WORKSFORME
Extension update probably failed because the resource it wanted (a url for a dictionary in my case) was not available. General solution, catch the URL-not-responding/delivering-data and translate it into can't-update which hands back to UI as a "please try later", allowing user to continue with other activities?
I'm new to bug reporting. Libre-Office crashed for me on 02/02/2019, so I don't think it's resolved yet. Note the date.
(In reply to jay H from comment #14)
> I'm new to bug reporting. Libre-Office crashed for me on 02/02/2019, so I
> don't think it's resolved yet. Note the date.
Please open a new report and include your crash report.
Jay sent me a direct email:
"My Libre office crashed. I submitted the crash report. It said, on submission, don't report this separately if your bug already appears when you look up this number.
It did appear as bug 120136. (I believe the description is accurate, if possibly a little unspecific.) So I didn't report separately. Now I'm told to submit my crash report separately. (I don't know where it is at present, perhaps it's somewhere in my profile still). Please advise."
As the signature matches, let's keep this open.
Jay: looking at the crash report history, I guess you are using version 18.104.22.168. It would still be good, if you would copy and paste here the contents of your Help - About.
Please also list the extensions you are using.
I was asked to provide
ABOUT Libre Office
Version: 22.214.171.124 (x64) on 03/02/2019, likely true 02/02/2019
Build ID: 86daf60bf00efa86ad547e59e09d6bb77c699acb
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: default;
Locale: en-GB (en_GB); Calc: group threaded
See Log: 86daf60bf00efa86ad547e59e09d6bb77c699acb <link>
and what extensions I'm using: 02/02/2019
Adblock plus: installed, active
Bitdefender Wallet: installed, active
Livemarks: installed, not used but activated
Onetab: installed active
Firefox Multi-account Containers: installed and now disabled
I was trying to download Grammalecte when Libre office crashed on 02/02/2019. It's file server was down. Grammalecte is now installed 03/02/2019
Is this still reproducible.. nothing in the crash stats for recent versions..